Thursday, August 14, 2008

Doe and Two Fawns






Went over to Post Office for the First Day issue...got a cache and some pins....on the way back by the Arch Branch Oak I heard a Fawn bleating across the road...started out to see and the Fawn came running across the road....traffic putting on the brakes!...the Fawn met up with Mom Doe in the Elm Tree Oaks...and the second Fawn joined them...I didn't know what spooked them...but while filming them bounding out into Cook's I heard the Blue Jays making their warning call...oh what to do!?....well...I left off from the Deer and went across the street to investigate the Blue Jays...a gaggle of French tourist all had their cameras out and in pursuit into the Suburb's Woods....I was too late...Bobcat was gone....and that must be what upset the Deer....I thought to go ahead though...all the way to the Apple Tree Path at Lower Falls....and Bobcat was there...right on the path between the fences...but I pushed the wrong buttons on the 12x!....I dont do that often!...and lost the pic...and clip...and I tried again but the French showed up again...plowing through with their 3xs out in front...sigh...anyway...it was good to see Bobcat again....and get a pic...if just a still of its tail!....went to Duck Harbor and sat awhile...expectant I must say that Bobcat might come along...something did snag a squirrel or something..as I heard an outcry...but all that came along was a solitary female Mallard..got a really nice clip...on the way back found some Duck feathers...so that was sad...sunny...HOT....and blue...not much breeze....report from daybreak of Bear up in the Apple Tree where I saw Bobcat...and while looking at the Bear the reporter reported that Bobcat came by too!...I'll have to get up early.

No comments: