Monday, December 8, 2008

Coyote On The Road




































Put in a lot of effort on the way to the Post Office trying to get pics of Kinglets and Chickadees...without much luck!...checked mail and bought some lunch, egg salad sandwich, and sat awhile at the Artist's Grove....picked up and crossed Chapel Bridge...pic...and started out through Chapel Meadow...heard Woodpecker and left the use Path...Woodpecker was up the Cottonwood where Hawk perched a week or two ago...and last Xmas Eve!....circled about and located Woodpecker too high up for a pic...oh!...earlier I did get pic of maybe a new Woodpecker....have to check....for sometime...anyway, I turned around and started back on the use Path and Doe was nestled down in the Grasses...pics...a new favorite!...Doe blocked the Path so I went over to the Road...and not far along I saw Mama Doe and Two Fawns...pic and clip...the light is just fantastic hereabout this time of day...things back lit and glowing...I set up the minidigiscope...short clip...then they all settled down into the Grasses...I was set up at the Charred Snags...where I made the Whiteheaded Woodpecker clip..and some others..a neat spot...I took a seat on the split rail low fence...and waited for them to stand up again...almost no traffic...and quiet....except the distant hammering of the roofers on the Deer House!... by chance I looked up and the Moon was just coming up over Half Dome....I took a quick pic with the 12x...the one here...and tried for some more with the new camera...but a jet's contrail rolled by...and then the Moon moved too high!...I did get one more with it just above the Tree which is okay...Moon pics are a challenge!!... I went back to sitting and waiting..the minidigi ready on the tripod...and I looked back at the Road and there was Coyote...quick pics with the new camera...then I did the clip with the 12x...and then back to the new camera...beginning to think one can't have enough cameras on hand!!...wished I had the tripod....enough tripods too!!....Coyote stopped traffic...And Coyote walks like no Dog I've ever seen!...and one could learn from Coyote's sneak up steps!....went back to waiting for the Deer...but they'd moved off hidden by the tall Grasses...picked up and went out past Two Top Meadow...and along the Merced to Ozone Beach...two Does were gamboling upstream...back and forth across the Merced...and I hurried on my way that way when the YIs...seeing I was taking pics...called out Bear was about...I was kinda torn...really wanted the Deer gamboling!...but waited for the kids to come over and tell me about Bear...I directed them up the Diversion Channel...which would take them through the heart of Owl Woods...and where it seems Bear was...I headed upstream...and saw Bear to my left!...clip...'To your right!!"...I called over...and heard 'Oh, there he is..." and such...it was Bear 6...who was a bit frustrated trying to avoid the YIs and then running into me..missed pic of Bear upright looking me over!....lost touch...and continued out to Creek's End...and over to the Deer House to sit awhile at the Picnic Benches....sun left Half Dome..so went back to Creek's End to listen for Owl...heard a couple hooo hooos...but too dark....sunny hazy cloudy and cold but cool in the sun where I sat!...a fine walk...heard one Hawk call over Owl Woods...

No comments: