Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Junco







































Overheard a conversation at the Post Office about the icicles....and went out and about thereabouts looking for them!....thought to look in the Indian Village...and got so wrapped up in trying to take pics of the little birds, which were all about, that I forgot all about them!....managed to get a couple pics...and clips...paddled back to the Cabin along the Road and through the Oak Grove...Woodpecker clip and pic...another!...sunny and cold and blue...report of three Owls hoo hooing between Last Chance and Camp Four...reporter looked frozen!..this about seven pm....think I may have heard Owl walking home...sky's clouded over now...earlier, flopped on my bum just outside the Cabin door...little shoveled path to the WithoutBath melts and freezes, melts and freezes..and is treacherous!....put the shoe chains on the boots...that'll help...sometimes I go out with the hiking poles!...whacked my head on an icicle too!...some of them are over four feet long!...it's less than a week ago the weather was balmy!...oh!...report of a commuter "wish I had a camera" of Blue Heron standing in the Merced among the snow covered boulders...this between 12o turn off and Pohono Bridge...told them I was of a mind to lend them the old 12x!....I get the notion to try and enlist the reporters!...a daily report with pics and clips of the Critters between MidPines and the Valley would be pure gold....but would probably cause havoc among the hurrying-to-get-to-work...a gold mine for traffic control fines!

No comments: