Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Blackbirds









Walked out to El Cap meadow....Blackbird clip from right after Breakfast...Bluejays bathing were at Ozone Beach...Flicker too...saw one Mallard on the way to El Cap...and found the Orange Mushrooms there...some Giant Mushrooms too...half eaten..probably by Bear....Coyote glimpsed going over El Cap Bridge...Spikey Mushroom and Dark Mushroom on the way back...it was a really quiet walk...did see a lot of Deer tracks...but old snag trees at the West end of the Valley dont have any Woodpecker holes...heard like one Flicker, one Woodpecker, one Kinglet, one Chickadee.....got back to Coop's Meadow about three thirty...had heard Coop there at the Walk's beginning..and had thought to go there...but had a sorta plan to go to Fern Spring...make the whole big loop...I've only done this once...in the Spring...it's really the only long flat hike one can do hereabouts!...once back at Swinging Bridge, thought to go to the Post Office....on the Boardwalk I made a 360 pirouette...as I do now and then to see what might be about...and when I finished up, Hawk...or maybe Owl!....flew up from a low branch on an Oak and flapped across the Road over into Sleepy Owl Woods...tried to follow...but no luck...more environmental donation requests in the mailbox...I'm on everyones' list!...walked on back to the Creek...too noisy to hear Owl...but I thought I did...a long afternoon!...sunny cold and blue...level hikes make my feet tired!...wish I'd seen Hawk sooner...would have been a good pic!...oh...one Ouzel at Ozone Beach...

No comments: