Tuesday, December 23, 2008

SkiAbout To Mirror Lake













Went out on the Cross Country Skis to Mirror Lake...as far as the Trail Sign to Snow Creek Trail....May Lake...North Dome...I haven't been to North Dome...sign said it was 7.8 miles...and it's a mile or so to the Sign from the
Shuttle Stop...have to set aside a whole day sometime for that hike!....I like the skis...but I'm not too fond of the anxiety of tipping over....especially looking down the narrow tree and boulder and drop off corridors of the trails hereabouts!....the trail out from the Lake is pretty simple...but then so are my skiing skills!....I just take them off when the anxiety is high!....I'm not sure what others do on trails like to Little Yosemite Valley...or up to May Lake...or Ostrander....or the big one...Lee Vining to the Valley!....Raven pics from day before....Mallard and Coyote clips from a few days ago too....sunny blue with the puffy fog clouds...took some scenics....oh...the Appletree Bobcat lotto numbers didn't match....this to say the contest entry...well...it's like the movie 'A Chorus Line'...they email a post up of the winners...hmmph...dont know where manners and courtesy have gone....oh!...I was at the Last Chance Stop...and two tourists looked familiar...and they and I said simultaneously, 'You look familiar..."...they were the couple standing beside me when I did the Bracken Fern Bobcat clip last year this time....dont know if I've posted that...check tomorrow...I had sent them a cd copy...which they got and were pleased with it...I told them I'd send another with Bobcat clips and pics since...really made an effort to find Bobcat today...Shuttle report of Bobcat on the road last two weeks between Happy Isles and Mirror Lake...I didn't see any tracks of note...just Grey Squirrel hops!....Tourists were impressed by the Shuttle Crew...'she handles those tire chains like they're 'noth'n!!'

No comments: