Monday, December 15, 2008

Snowy Creek














Rode the Shuttle over to the A. Rooms to take a pic for a friend, and family, posed by the Xmas Tree...I was all set to try out the cameras...plural!...for an indoor portrait session!....but they handed me a little disposable film camera...they wanted to send off copies to relatives and friends in a hurry...so my Double A moment kinda fluttered off!!...I did take one with the 12x...after some persuasion!...and it's good...with out flash...put it on cd tonight and will give it to them tomorrow or the next day...what can I say..it was charming moment...sitting on the floor with the tripod low and all the cameras in front of the Tree in the middle of the hubbub and handed the recyclable film camera...like I often used myself my first years here!...a DavidDavidDavid moment, I'd say!....
Walked back to the Post Office...and out to Cook's...sat awhile at the Artist's Grove...a lot more snow fell overnight...dont know if one can bask in snow...but I was basking!...took a clip at the Woodpecker Tree of the Woodpeckers that live there....apparently the Acorn Woodpeckers are communal...first time I've seen them go in into the Tree...very cool....waited awhile for the one to reappear...but they are all likely curled up!...it started to snow heavy....made it to Last Chance for late lunch...then out for an hour before Sunset on the snowshoes out to Creek's End...pics....Deer clip is from yesterday....still have one more from then to post up sometime....snow off and on, and on big time after sunset....filled in the path I made with the snowshoes...hmmph!...it's a slog when there's no previous snowshoe tracks to follow!...same problem with skis!....wax from Amazon is in the mail...BadgerBadger opens Friday...so next weekend I'll be up and about along Glacier Road....looking for the Grey Owls!!!
Oh!...at the A. while waiting, I viewed Gunnar Widforss's watercolors, as I often have, and realized the Falls painting is from the vantage point of Creek's End!! That's Lodgpole Point in the foreground seen from across the Merced...prints of this can be found in the gift shops hereabouts...another charming moment looking at this, as I've looked all over for old photos of Creek's End...and was delighted to find it depicted by a favorite artist in a painting!!...forget the date...but it was awhile ago!!

No comments: