Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Mallards






Paddled over to the Post Office...then out to Cook's....scenic pics...more Acorn Woodpecker clips!...went out on Chapel Bridge....and could see far away the Ducks were paddling at Creek's End...wasn't sure what kind...so started to run through the snow down Lodgepole Point...ran for 'bout twenty yards...that's all it took to slow me down to a quick slog!...could have taken my time...when I got there I found the Mallard Quarted had become a Quintet....three males and two females...the Mallards hang around Creek's End I suspect because the Merced is shallow there...and they can reach the bottom...when they bottoms up!...just one small place in particular is often where they are...I can see water grasses there...just opposite Owl Beach...report of small Bear eating a pumpkin at 'Granite Landing'...had a similar report at Haloween!....and the reporter got good pics....jealous of this, I am!....sunny...blue...very cold in morning...but warmed up enough to begin melting the snow...it doesn't last long on the Trees...so for good pics one has to go out early after a storm......oh!..in the clip one can hear the snowplow...one of many...and one of many trade offs!...no plowing no cleared paths and roads...and of course with the plowing...no quiet...unless one gets up very early...and even then...they go all night!

No comments: