Friday, August 14, 2020

Butterfly/Conch Step Fret:Notes::8/14/20

 Open To Interpretation

Strombus Step Fret Butterfly Pectoral

Notes:  Game on...on the radio...Dodgers at Angels...Dodgers 2-0...top of fifth...switched to the Acer Nitro 5...the old Toshiba stored...thru no fault of its own!...Dodgers made out...Mookie the Menace now with the Dodgers...he had three home runs against San Diego last night...I dont know how quite to explain these searches, these stepping stones, that have led me now to regard the step fret as a stylized conch shell...I've done this before, noting the conch breastplate of the Aztecs...I went back to look more for the Toltec Warrior butterfly pectorals which appear on the Chacmools...for sometime the Toltec/Aztec...Rendon waps a home run...Dodgers 2-1../Mesoamerican borrowing of one another's motifs...Ohtani grounds out...I've never understood why the pectoral is called a 'butterfly'...though I found that warriors thought their fate in combat as that of a butterfly...Angels make out...to top of sixth...why the pectoral is on the Chacmools is...complicated...as in grim...Archaeology is grim...so, soh, browsing I happen on this:

quote

https://www.clevelandart.org/art/1983.190


the points, three on a side, are the Butterfly Pectoral of the Toltec Warrrior, sorta...but this isn't Aztec, it was made, it's thought, for the Aztecs by the Mixtecs...the dangles resemble the dangles on this:

quote


Shield of Yanhuitlan in the National Museum of Anthropology in Mexico City

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santo_Domingo_Yanhuitl%C3%A1n

page from Mexican codex, warriors

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xicalcoliuhqui

English: Meander and sun, Stuttgart
Deutsch: Federschild "Mäander und Sonne", Stuttgart
wiki commons
unquotes

remarkable a few feathered shields survived...beyond beyond two of them are step fret motifs!...and I forget just what search brought me to this, oh, chacmool:

quote

Human sacrifice as shown in the Codex Magliabechiano, Folio 70.



unquote

grim...and, and I noted the motifs on top of the temple...butterfly pectorals!...with a curly thing in the middle...noting what codex this was from, I went to look see for more...and, wala!!!

quote




that motif was right there all along while I was going on about the top left step fret triangle!!!...this 7/07 post...see link...it has a caption, a name:..and I didn't bookmark it...Angels losing...like Dodgers 5-1...bottom of seventh...take a bit to find it again...bbk...bk...diverted by this:

quote

pic of warrior with butterfly motif on shield




unquote

I dont have photo editor on the nitro...I dont think...snipped a pic and need to jpg for web it...and, I need to download Photoshop Elements...tomorrowmorrow...bottom of ninth, Angels down to their last out, or outs...oh...just bottom of eighth...just..anyway that link IS the codex, and even with the new computer I get lag...not so bad...but still...I have fiber optic...site doesn't have whole book...bases loaded...I have to go sit with the tablet and find the captions for the butterfly motif...for tomorrowmorrow...and fix that pic too...base hit...time to feed Maya, my dog...Dodgers 7-3...Trout up...full count...fly out...to top of ninth...oh...here is name:

quote

I have a couple Mayan codecies currently .. amazingly (overwhelmingly) detailed. Even the colors are coded!!

In The Book of the Life of the Ancient Mexicans by Zelita Nuttall, on Page 3 (first page of images) is a double ax-like image, it's center is a segmented in-curving long-S shape line, like an earthworm curling in it's head, and above is a stack of 7 layers each becoming smaller than the one below it.

It resembles a double mouth conch .. except for the worm and the all-similar discrete vertical sizing of the stack.

The image is labeled: til matl . omanta trecuzis
on page 5 it is called de Xicara tuerta

Graham Hancock forum

unquote

Trecuzis...pic for tomorrow

from Graham Hancock forum...youtube should have such forums!...Dodgers 7-3




:)

DavidDavid


No comments: