Saturday, August 8, 2020

Tocapu Cross:OTI::Notes:::8/8/20


Open To Interpretation
 
Tocapu Cross
 
Notes: Game on...on the radio...Angels at Rangers...Angels lost yesterday, and day before they lost, and day before they won...Rangers 4-3 yesterday...bottom of second...Pujols up...fly out...take a bit to find that Tocapu Cross...brb...oh, wait...Angels are at home!...to top of third and Rangers up?...double wait...Rangers just made out and we're going to the third?..Tocapu Cross behind a paywall...in that book. Their Way of Writing...welp..I'll just have to be content with describing it...it's a slender wooden Christian cross with tocapus up and down and across...and it was made not long after the Conquest...Fletcher up...computer lag....two down...fly out...bottom of third...Angels AT Rangers...no score...Windows 7 is done, and this old Toshiba laptop another storage device...I have the new lap top...time to switch to it before it's out of date...bbk for game wrap up...

 

Rangers 2-1...I snagged the cross from display on my tablet...for some reason the tablet snuck through the pay wall, and I can read the pdf there, which is neat, as it's a neat book, and out of print expensive with no e version...this morning I had a rollabout!...paddled down to La Jolla, Einstein's Bagels, for a George Webb gathering...I've become such a stay at home, and not just because of the shut down-it's a wonder I shagged out...journey was like going to a basketball game to referee...rehearsed in my head, pre-gamed, on the way, got there early, Starbucks next door and not crowded like Einstein's, so got my grande hot mocha and cheddar cheese, snacked, and wondered if the event would happen...like wondering if a game would happen...didn't see any players about...but, five to 10am, game time, GW came strolling up from the parking lot with a few of his fans...and then some more appeared...and probably some folk just there took an interest...I didn't know what to do, and sat awhile...vlogers aren't like movie stars, yet, nonetheless, when they have that a sudden real life look, one hesitates...anyway, I got to talking with some onlookers, and learned I wasn't alone, and we gathered our courage, and I wound up trading, on a whim, a copy of Elizabethans for two signed GW amazon/kindle books...he was giving his away for free...got a together photo too with Professor Hamamoto as he autographed GW's book...I didn't want to grab any attention, but anyway did, introducing myself, trading my poem book, which he gracefully accepted...here in California, he reminds everyone of Huel Howser...it was terrific to touch base with him, and the Professor...GW notes in McDuff vlog this evening regarding the gathering, that meeting people for reals is real, or some such...and such meetings are being thwarted by the Media venues which basically flood all with their takes, and that's a concern...sorta thing I run into with open mic poetry readings, and poetry presentations in general...anyway, so, soh, GW begins reading one of the poems after suggesting I read one...I demurred, and thought oh oh seeing the poem he chose...Lesson(see post 8/16/17)...lucky the conversation turned to what is a Sonnet? after the first stanza...and, and I punted an explanation of Shakespear's Sonnet form...smiles all around...I thought to stay, meet and greet some more of those there, many with efforts and skills like GW's...but felt nervous, stressed...too far away from home, and no one I really knew, and no one with their masks on!...the protocol to the side...several doctors there...we were outside, which personally I think is enough...I had mine, but in the moment forgot all about it...sigh...a fine morning...the White Truck chugged down there and back okay...Pohono... 

 

quote

 

Live with George Webb from San Diego, 8pm EDT. 080820

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHbN2U9_IjU&t=585s

 

unquote

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: