Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Fancy:OTI::pics,notes:::10/7/20

Open To Interpretation

#inktober seven

 Fancy

Balboa Pier, Tower M














Notes: out and back to Balboa Pier...bit early for sunset...snacked at the Frida Kahlo Mexican reataurant/ stand (called such by me because inside it has a kinda four frame Andy Warholeske painting repro of Frida)...actually, she was in my thoughts on the out...war between Azerbejain and Armenia in youtube news (MSM ignoring it), and close studied youtube history clip...the borders there were drawn by Stalin, and tale had old clips of Stalin, and I wondered what Freda saw in him?, or her rotund husband...I first happened on small painting of hers in San Diego Balboa Park Museum show...stopped me in my tracks...even more than the Renoirs did...hard to explain what the masterworks of master painters look like in person...they stand out!...anyway, snacked on enchiladas, beans, rice, and a gator aid...overcast clouds were going to mess with sunset, so thought to take the Balboa Ferry to the Island...this an oft time ritual when I go to Balboa...sighted a Dolphin in the Harbor...tried for pic, then camera battery ran out...Ferry ride was just an out and back!...didn't get off, I wanted to return for the Canon Rebel camera in Silver, my Jeep...retrieved it, and seeing the Sun might put on a show, went up on the Pier, sat in my green folding chair, and, and waited...the Sun had dipped behind the clouds, but, but beneath them there was a strip of open sky along the horizon...thought was the Sun would show as a big orange ball in that open strip...did the ink sketch waiting...time came, but the Sun gobbled up top and bottom by the clouds...still, still a knockdown scene for pic!...oh, the Xmas Tree ornament of a Killer Whale, with pearls for jewelry, I got at the souvenir shop a few days back, hangs from the rear view mirror now...the reference for Fancy!

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: