Wednesday, September 23, 2020

AlisoArtist:OTI::pics,notes:::9/23/20

Open To Interpretation

Aliso Beach Plein Air Artist

#stradaeasel











Notes: "What are you drawing?"  the fellow driving his car parked in front of me asked through the open passenger window..."Her!" I answered...'she's famous!"..."Oh!" he said, "I'll get out of the way..." and ne pulled forward and began a conversation with the plein artist at Aliso Beach I was drawing...she explained she wasn't famous, and they chatted, both locals it seems...on this mid afternoon out and back, I arrived at Aliso to a full parking lot, but just as I made the round about at 'the spot' a car pulled out, and I pulled right in, noting the plein artist set up on the lawn island thereabout, and thereabout likely for some privacy...and, and I intruded terribly, bubbling over with my stradaeasel adventures...they are the first plein artist I've come across!...and indeed were doing the contest too...after chatting, which didn't phase her efforts at all, I grabbed a snack from the Lost Pier, $25 dollars with tip!, and set up my folding chair behind Silver, my jeep, to snack...but diverted to do the sketch...thenabout the fellow in his car came along...like with Blair, I was so bold as to have her sign the sketch...beginning of a  collection of these!...anyway, with her encouragement, after expressing my wariness of oil paints, I took my folding green chair and my drawing board, and new NuPastels over to my spot, and immersed myself in my effort...had in mind to do a pastel...pastels a stepping stone to oils...but diverted to a charcoal focus on the Palace...thought to color it in with pastels, but forgot the black charcoal mixes in...duh...so just did the sky...I was covered head to toes with clothes to avoid the noontime sun...and after roasting, thought that's it for today...turning about, the artist had left off too...so, soh, who is she?...Laguna famous?...brb...

quote

" Solidly in the California Scene painting tradition, Monica Edwards's works are assured and masterful, with brilliant brushwork and sense of color and light."
.- Mary Platt, Director - Hilbert Museum

unquote

yep...go figure!...

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: