Sunday, September 27, 2020

AlsioRocksSurf:OTI::pics,notes:::9/27/20

Open To Interpretation

Aliso Beach Plein Air Oil

South Bluff, rocks, surf

11x14 canvas board

#stradaeasel










Notes: Game on...on the radio...Angels at Dodgers...last game of the short season for the Angels...Dodgers going on to the playoff...Dodgers 3-0 top of sixth...two down...Ward up...out and back late...rolled up on Shake Shack around 7:30am...line a bit long, so continued on to JackintheBox #22, large coffee...and Aliso...the big white truck and the big red camper in their respective parking spots...neighbors they are...visited with Scott...'Are you going to do another oil painting?"..."ah...." actually I thought to do a charcoal of the truck and camper..."yep"...and I set up...truck camper neighbors for sometime!...morning overcast...did a really good preliminary sketch, which won a 'it looks just like it" praise later on...and I started to mix towards the grey of the sky, and lost patience, and went with the violet purple...I just have three colors and white and black...four...Ultramarine blue, Thalo blue, Alizarin red, and Cadmium yellow...should have cad yellow light...from those colors, I can mix all the others...been awhile, so I've forgotten mixing routes to get to colors, especially greys...so, the pallet, a piece of aluminum foil over a five gallon bucket plastic lid with small bungee underneath for grip, tended to a redvioletpurplebluegreen theme...I wanted to get the green of approaching waves as they approached...it fit with the grey sky and grey greenish ocean...but, I thought, there's simultaneous contrast with red and green...so thought maybe the red sky might help...I dunno!...it's a curious looking painting!...midway, Monica, the plein air artist, see post three days back, showed up with her friends...they were there to paint too...I handed out Bobcat cards and rambled on and on about the Valley/Yosemite..."this is my Half Dome now", pointing to the Palace on the Bluff...another artist, just Sunday holidaying with his family, joined the conversation, from who I got the 'it looks like it" praise...the Sun came out, light all changed, and I lost track of what I was about...it's okay...lol...waves do eat rocks!

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: