Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Step Fret is Glyph for Temple:OTI::notes:::7/28/20

Notes: Game on...on the radio...Mariners at Angels...top of first...home opener...two down, runner on first...blogger has changed its editor...fly out, to bottom of 2nd...and I cant find "new page"...Fletch up...W...gonna move from Tablet over to old Toshiba and Windows 7...that should be fun...Trout line drive out, dbl play...fump...brb...hmmmph...had to reset password...Angels made out in bottom of second...Ohtani grounded out...so, far, I much prefer Blogger's old editor!...but I'm on the wing with it, and need to see a tutorial...anyway, lemmesse if I can get the pic I've been waiting all this time on opening day to post...brb...oh...old computer so slow..there's a new operating system on a memory stick...UNIX?...for 40 dollars, supposed to be a fix...brb...waiting on "file new"...lol...that's a key stroke I've forgotten...been so long...control n...
 
quote
 
 
from Mexiclore

unquote
 
 
oh!...wait...looking for the pic I want, which is in a Zapotec codex, and happened on this above, which take me back to the beginning: thinking how remarkable that Aztec shield has the steps, the curl, and the triangle, and the StepFretTriangle I keep going on about from Peru/Andes...and it just came to me, the steps are "steps"!...and the curl is a stylized temple!...Ward knocks in LaStella...Angels 1-0!....the step fret is a stylized temple platform with steps leading up to it!....???...Fletch the Terrific waps a one out hit...Trout up...K...Rendon up...missed Ohtani?....
 
quote
 
Human beings have used visuals for so many things: to communicate ideas and stories; to represent space, time, and the cosmos; to extrapolate and compare sets of data; to show connections and disparities; to teach complex concepts or succinctly display information. Visualizations—maps, diagrams, graphs—make arguments for how we should understand the world, and thereby teach us how to understand, organize, and make sense of complicated reality. These simplified versions of the world allow us to see things that are usually unseen: the borders between political jurisdictions, the hierarchy of an organization, or the relationship between the mortal plane and the afterlife.
 
 
unquote
 
bases loaded...Ohtani got on..how?...oh, I need a pic of the codex motif for temples/villages....that quote above for sometime...Upton infield hit...Angels 2-0...now, Ohtani up...count 1-0...1-1...he's 1-10 on the season...1-2...pop out...to top of 4th...

quote
 
Two representations of single-temple pyramids from the Codex Borgia (plates 14 and 18)
 
Two representations of single-temple pyramids from the Codex Borgia (plates 14 and 18) (Click on image to enlarge)
 
 
Section 3. Ceremonies, Sacrifice – Visual Program of the First ...
 
 
 
unquote
 
Mariners with a home run...Angels 2-1...to bottom of 4th...now the editor has my text in the middle...format messed with by the copy paste...but there it is...the step fret is a glyph for temple!...Pujols with a lead off hit...LaStella up...line up is all scrambled!...think LaStella bats ninth...and the "temple" is the "kiosk"...an atavistic throwback to when the tribal leader sat on his raised platform with a tree limb canopy...there, I got to use my new word!...atavistic!...generally, that's how all motifs are, they hark back to some early version, more often than not, forgotten...the Space Force new emblem is a chevron, pointy end up...and the successor to the Apollo program, Artemis, Apollo's sister, has a chevron with the pointy end up...representing space travel/space ship...an atavistic recall of the arrowhead...Stasi with a three run home run!...Stasi new player to me...Ward flies out...Angels 5-1...Fletcher up...LaStella batting like seventh...another hit for Fletch!...
 
quote
 
 
 
 
unquote
 
and there, there's that!...back last season I went on about the "kiosk"...so, soh, let me see if I can find that pic I started looking for!...
 
quote
 
Calli (house).svg
 
The Aztec day sign calli (house).
 
from wiki
 
 
 
unquote
 
Mariner with runner...top of fifth...and, and that's the pic I happened on that made my eyebrows raise...not so much the step fret triangle on the top left...but the one on the top right too!...these motifs to the Mesoamericans were like the Tocapus to the Andeans...the one on the right was picked up and popularized...I thought it made up...but here it is in the old codex...along with the StepFretTriangle...and, and I have to collect myself...I'm all over with this, and it will take awhile, game posts to come, to sort!...but, there's where the old motif is in the old codex...and it has a label by the artist!...for tomorrowmorrow...I need to feed Maya my dog...and listen to the rest of the game!...to bottom of fifth...Angels 5-2...one down...Ohtani up...line out...Angels win, like 10-3...put a halo over this one...
 
:)
 
David
 
:)
 
DavidDavid
 
 
 
 

No comments: