Saturday, July 18, 2020

Weighing In

Weighing In

I came by youtube comments thru google blogger, and prior, yahoo geocities blog, and prior to that, General Electric's GEnie, and, and prior to that, I sent my poems to small magazines, sat on my hands waiting for a response, aannnd, no luck...this isnt going to work, my thought, so I shopped for used printing presses...I'll make my own books, my own zine...courting an audience with one's poems...of course, one goes to open mic nights, poetry readings...every Friday to Laguna Beach for a year...and waits out the featured poets for the tail end of show, when a free for all ensues, and everyone and anyone can read, recite, a few poems...hmmmph...I would still do this, but the Orange County Poetry Club Readings, last venue at the Gypsy Den, last reading venue I attended, left off...organizer with other pursuits?...oh, first was poetry class at Cal State Fullerton, Massud Farzan's class...we read our poems to one another, submitted what we thought best for the final...and, and that for me was the Homeridae under the Dodona Oak...☺...an occassion not to be repeated...but onwards from there I scribbled poems, and so forth, to here and now...I'm schooled, I'm trained, practiced and so forth...not just from study of poetry...but a great many things, hobbies, jobs, pursuits...hard to tell what all is in the mix...see Robert Graves' poem about the Cabbage White Butterfly...it's on youtube!...documentary intro...go figure...oh, and on Facebook too, I weigh in...I weigh in always with the caution that I am in the right weight class...posting comments to vlogs can be problematic, and something of a mystery, as are blogs and vlogs in general...but electronic social media has all the same things as old social media, face to face talking, letter writing, plays, 19th century communication!...and earlier...all gone?...irretrievably altered?...seems so...now, the blogosphere and vlogosphere...it's Friday night open mic everywhere...

😃😃😃

Watch "NYPD Riot Cops Stop Antifa-BLM From Crossing Verrazzano Bridge; Another Failure" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/RyN9Ttf7UUU

Oh, they came with their rodeo ropes-zip ties hanging from their belts...props to the protestors, said their say and moved on...police saying their say too, and unfortunately, that's the Trumpeans sing song, a political thing now, every standoff a Trump rally, law and order Trump's way or no way...😕

Notes:...comments without a home...I dont know where they would fit...I did post them...the top to McDuff vlog...that grew out of the previous post about the federal troops...I wanted to add the stories in news that appeared minutes after I posted...protestors in Portand being whisked away in un-marked vehicles...I can make additions to one day's blog post, and thought to do that to yesterday's...and I got to considering where I can "weigh in"...there's a fight going on...most always is, humans being human...Nature being Nature...and to be in a fight, one has to sort of be in one's weight category, just like boxers...posting to yt MSM clip comments, often in the thousands, is out of my division...I can weigh in, but not likely Rachel Maddow or Tucker Carlson would notice...vlog  makers rarely reply to comments...this does sorta occur in vlogs with just a few subscribers...more intimate?...I dunno...so few replies happen with anyone, it seems almost some unwritten rule not to talk to one another, strangers that we all are to one another...so, soh, I weigh in to my blog now with comments I've made to youtube, and as noted, some I take back, delete, and some I never post to yt, and now I have like continuation comments...the subject of policing goes back to November, 2017, blog posts...and latest "annotation" is that bit about the zip ties...Trump has done a devilish ingenious thing...each incident now between protestors and police is about his election...he did this with Pasternack kneeling...that didnt have anything to do with Trump, but Trump made it his own election rally point by harassing the NFL owners...he does this with the virus masks too...it's a Trump approved thing not to wear a mask...Trumpeans think that mandatory masks are a Biden thing...flying or not flying the old Confederate flag...freedom of speech, Trump calls it, claiming the whole issue as a rally point...watch, a wait and see-Confederate flags all over at his next gathering...so, soh, Trump weighs in to things, with his tweets, and it's like the media pushes back, and a sudden the subject is his election...Trump ingratiated into everthing, everyone...I just watched movie Live, Die, Repeat: The Edge of Tomorrow...alien creatures that pop up from underground, all linked to their alien master...things have become a bit like WW2 Atlantic convoys steaming along, ever wary of German submarines...such Tumpeans depict the protestors as anarchists, antifa, communists, etc. etc-a hidden menace...Trump's the menace....what BLM are protesting has nothing to do with Trump...he didnt make the problem, elected or not, he cant fix it...well, wait, he could...to everyone's benefit, rather than the country's  detriment, which is what he is about...

😕

DavidDavid

No comments: