Sunday, July 26, 2020

Two Poems

*Bird Dogging*

*To hound or pursue something or someone with a usually malicious intent.*

It's become a kind of trait everyone has, even a kind of pandemic.  Would like to shed it my ownself, not wanted for my day to day disposition!  Mote in one's eye sort of thing...how's that go...brb...

quote

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

unquote

and "mote"...brb...

Rhymes   Lyrics and poems   Near rhymes   Synonyms / Related   Phrases   Mentions   Descriptive words   [Definitions]   Homophones   Similar sound   Same consonants 

Definitions of mote:noun:   (nontechnical usage) a tiny piece of anything

and "beam"?...brb...

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/beam

From Middle English beem, from Old English bēam (“tree, cross, gallows, column, pillar, wood, beam, splint, post, stock, rafter, piece of wood”),


The verb is from Middle English bemen, from Old English bēamian (“to shine, to cast forth rays or beams of light”), from the noun.

My mote be beam'n
My vlog all stream'n
Not a care
Not a ware
I'm GOAT.

https://www.rhymezone.com/r/rhyme.cgi?Word=Beam&org1=syl&org2=l&org3=y&typeofrhyme=def

Definitions of beam:noun:   long thick piece of wood or metal or concrete, etc., used in constructionnoun:   (nautical) breadth amidshipsnoun:   a column of light (as from a beacon)noun:   a group of nearly parallel lines of electromagnetic radiationnoun:   a gymnastic apparatus used by women gymnastsnoun:   a signal transmitted along a narrow path; guides pilots in darkness or bad weatherverb:   smile radiantly; express joy through one's facial expressionverb:   express with a beaming face or smile

Beam me up
Digital my signal
I'm the Harrier
To break the barrier
The Dog Bird
To cruise the moat,
The radiant saliant
To mote vote note.


Harrier

My mote be beam'n
My vlog all stream'n
Not a care
Not a ware
I'm GOAT.

Beam me up
Digital my signal
I'm the Harrier
To break the barrier
The Dog Bird
To cruise the moat
The radiant saliant
The mote vote note.

Notes: rhyme zone has quotes as examples, from poems, songs, and had one from a rapper's lyric using mote...I jus go off when a rap rythm is about...😃...oh, I could have made good use of "quote"...

Harrier

My mote be beam'n
My vlog all stream'n
Not a care
Not a ware
I'm GOAT.

Beam me up
Digital my signal
I'm the Harrier
To break the barrier
The Dog Bird
To cruise the moat
The radiant saliant
The mote vote note.

Quote me
Dote me
By rote
By tote

My wings flutter and float
'till my claws silence a noisy throat

So, a wooly coat my petticoat
Not to be stained with creosote
Not an iota
Not a mote
An asymtote antidote to any anecdote
A stray blonde lock brushed aside from
This presser's two beaming eyes


Watch "See why Fox News cut away from White House briefing" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/F8AkDqpatX0


Watch "USA: Clashes erupt at BLM protest for Confederate statue removal in Weatherford" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/kL2YdBzJA7c

One

What's a rhyme
But two words that sound as one
And what's a pun
But a word that makes another one
And what's alliteration
But syllable and letters alike as one
And what's onomimopeia
But sounds run together as one
And what's a stanza
If not like the previous one
And what's a title
But a home for all in one

DolphinWords


noun:   correspondence in the sounds of two or more lines (especially final sounds)noun:   a piece of poetryverb:   be similar in sound, especially with respect to the last syllable

Example: "Hat and cat rhyme"

noun:   a humorous play on words

Example: "I do it for the pun of it"

verb:   make a play on word

noun:   use of the same consonant at the beginning of each stressed syllable in a line of verse

:   using words that imitate the sound they denote


Notes:...how'd that all start?...I was annoyed watching a vlogger in Portland, then Seattle, infiltrating into the protestors march, and looking for trouble to support his right wing views...he'd gone "karen" in the popular parlance...but I caught myself up short, as I too browse the web, often right wing vlogs, reporting what I happen on, and my bias, my "karen" in my postings...what to do what to do...such tangles make for poems, and I set out paddling about in my "boat"...I use my own rhymes until I run out, then, then I cheat and use Rhyme Zones rhyme dictionary!...that happened about when I made the "quote" stanza...then I wrote more to Harrier, and it morphed into that terrible White House press conferance reference...too much...but I find the new press secretary kinda terrorfying in a Goebbels sort of way, in an Amazing Polly sort of way...up to "quote" I posted comment to Farmer Jones vlog, and, after an hour or so, deleted it...this confederacy of vlogs I've happened on are all of a piece in calling out incidents, many worked into wild "wooly" conspiracy tales...anyway, I fact checked like each word in Harrier...trying to assure multiple meaning melded, or some such...like GOAT, greatest of all time, goat- get your goat, anger you; goat, the butt of a joke or prank...it's complicated!...and, and I wrote up One, which I really like...the rest, eh, another day another presser...

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: