Friday, September 11, 2026

Pool: September 11, 2026

City Words

#Pool


🦋🦛🦛
Dream:

Story teller.  Singing groups walkinv park streets...dreams offered likeca newvtatto butbi want something special...and the story teller...bearded robust..flamabulity relativifyl

I'm on a sidewalk...on left, I pass singing groups, all dressed alike, five or so individuals, and they sing, just a part, one after another, walking the street side near the curb...there's a big burly guy with long hair and beard...he tells stories...dreams...I try to coin a term..."something" ability relativity...I wake up...

half awake, my spelling becomes a mess...but deciphering my own mess, helps recall...making a term while dreaming, that's new!...and trick...see next...


Submerged debris field

Second time I've seen this...a rerun...before, was underwater surrounded by debri, just things fragmented...thought then it was like wreckage...this time, not so much viewing, as thinking how to describe the scene...like not so much wreckage, as dream fragments...like a vegetble soup rather than debris washed into the sea after a tsunami...scholars report we process daytime experience-residue...I think even Jung thought that...so, in this scene I'm seeing, well, I'm seeing log lines, hints of dream scenes, a jumble floating by...when I focus on one, I dream that dream...kinda I guess like remembering a word, an event, a song...it's two tiered...the hint, then the whole scene...why I dream this one or that one, I dunno...scholars say we process, working out emotions, angsts and such...being submerged said to be big anxiety...I'm having dreams of trying to report dreams!

🎶and on that note, now regard the doom scroll as vegetable soup!...each log line afloat about me rather than in a line...well, maybe not that...but the reels are random...random construed as floating...if I'm stuck trying to remember a word, I'll go, in a line, thru the alphabet...like the word above I can't remember begins with A...I have that much!...that brings to mind mnemonic devices...pair a word, a name, with something unrelated, if outlandish, that's best...the famous mnemonic had a room of memories

✨️the famous mnemonic had a room of memories
The famous mnemonic you are thinking of is the Method of Loci, which is commonly referred to as the Memory Palace.
💡 How It Works
Mental Blueprint: You visualize a familiar physical space, such as a room, your childhood home, or a daily walking route.
Information Anchors: You mentally "place" the items you want to remember at specific landmarks within that space (like on a couch, a table, or a bookshelf).
Retrieval: To recall the information, you simply take a mental walk through the room and look at the objects you left there.
📜 Origins and Pop Culture
Ancient Greece: The technique dates back to ancient Greek and Roman rhetoricians, famously attributed to the poet Simonides of Ceos.
Sherlock Holmes: The concept gained massive modern popularity through the BBC show Sherlock, where the detective frequently retreats into his high-tech mental "Mind Palace" to retrieve obscure clues and data.

🎶that's not who I had in mind, but Sherlock Holmes better!...

✨️conan doyle n1 hypnopompic room of memories
Based on your keywords, your query appears to bridge Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s literary concepts, his real-life interest in psychological/spiritual phenomena, and advanced language reading materials (potentially matching JLPT N1 literature or text analyses). [1]
The intersections of these terms connect across several distinct contexts:
1. The "Room of Memories" vs. Sherlock Holmes’ "Brain Attic"
In Conan Doyle’s first Sherlock Holmes story, A Study in Scarlet, Holmes famously introduces the concept of the mind as a "brain attic" (often adapted in modern culture as a mind palace). [1, 2]
The Concept: Holmes argues that a person's brain starts as an empty room or attic. A wise person carefully selects what furniture (memories and knowledge) to store there. [1]
N1 Translation Context: In advanced Japanese language learning (JLPT N1) and translation studies, parallel-text editions of Conan Doyle's work are frequently studied. This specific metaphor—meticulously organizing a "room of memories" or a "brain attic" to maintain perfect mental clarity—is a common subject for literary and psychological text analysis. [1, 2, 3]
2. Conan Doyle and "Hypnopompic" States
Hypnopompic refers to the state of semi-consciousness leading out of sleep (waking up), often associated with vivid, dream-like hallucinations. Conan Doyle had a profound, lifelong fascination with the boundary between the conscious mind, sleep, and the paranormal: [1, 2]
The Spiritualist Connection: As a dedicated spiritualist, Conan Doyle frequently investigated automatic writing, séances, and how the mind processes "visions". Many modern psychologists attribute historical accounts of ghosts or spiritual visitations to hypnagogic (falling asleep) or hypnopompic (waking up) hallucinations. [1, 2, 3]
"The Nightmare Room": Conan Doyle wrote a lesser-known 1921 short story titled The Nightmare Room. The story plays heavily on altered perceptions, an eerie, colorless room, and a blurring of the lines between reality, illusion, and dreamlike states. [1, 2]
3. Medical & Psychological Analysis (N1 Level)
In academic and cognitive psychology studies (which often feature heavily as reading comprehension topics in advanced language exams like the N1), researchers look at Conan Doyle’s works to study metacognitive illusions—how the human brain constructs false memories or misinterprets sensory data during transitional sleep states. [1]

🎶that's not what I have in mind either...but curious...no place in town that just serves soup?...yep...just strange asian soups...in the Valley, we had three soups at the salad bar...always chili, then rotating soups like potato, onion, vegetable...wildly popular the chile...

✨️Yes, the National Park Service confirms that the food court at Yosemite Valley Lodge (now named Base Camp Eatery) still serves items like chili, though daily soup and menu rotations can vary by season and availability.

🎶I'd still be there if I'd bent the knee...off instead down the hill to tilt at windmills!!!...gocery stores have canned soup...delicatessans?...oh, remembered Carolina's, Italian restaurant nearby-they have ministrone, maybe other soups...take out, or sit down...and expensive, kinda formal...my part time job took, takes, me all over, and I sample little restaurants...heat has brought me down from my job...tho work again this Saturday...hope I can get thru it...what's in ministrone?...vegetables...as I thought...time for a foray...lunch time...contemplate my tsunami wreckage metaphor...pull myself out of this pool...

Oh, time to foray
For a ministrone pool-
Certain tastes rule.

Angels 3-Nationals 4...Dodgers 6-Marlins 2...🎀


:)

DavidDavid

No comments: