Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Snark: September 16, 2026

At the Laundry

City Words

#Snark

🦋
Dream


🦛Big airplane...far wing provldm...engineer sorks on it...design whole plane...giant like straigh try wing. Bombe...on runway

A wing has a damaged panel on a giant airplane..
I'm looking across it, bad wing on far side...the wings are straight, with propellar engines...the engineer who made the plane, just recently, working on the wing...I wake up

🦛Sho I ld i dress like them or dress like me...two girls bikinis

There's two girls getting ready for a show...one looking for her bikini..."do I dress like them, or do I dress like me?" I say...I wake up...

🦛Thfow blue berry...twice caught...that town square we passef...like outa that civil war movie...imagine it filled with fighting...we're walking through farm fields grassy

We're walking thru a farm field...I'm trailing behind, and throw a blueberry...this is the second time I do this, and both times the blueberry goes in the mouth of two different people...we pass like a town square, an enclosure, vacant.."like out of that civil war movie we watched, imagine fighting there", I say...I wake up

🎶just seen in the feed a dropped reel of civil war movie battles...Free State of Jones...that resemblance I thought to note in dream as I neared wakefulness...the doomscroll is dreamy, and extreme, more so than dreaming...and it doesn't seem to bleed often into my dreams...and I forget the majority of the doomscroll immediately...lately, facebook and youtube are poaching my notices with randoms...these notices under the bell reserved for replies to my comments, or my subscribes, before...yahoo does this to my mail, google now has messages...my phone messages not overrun with political ads, yet...it's the beginning of an era...the Browsescene, or some such...

✨️the Browsescene, or some such...like anthrocene...era of social media
The word you are looking for is most likely the Anthrobscene, a clever mashup of Anthropocene and obscene. [1, 2]
Coined by media theorist Jussi Parikka, it describes the "obscene" material and environmental reality behind our digital world. It points out that while social media and the internet feel abstract, weightless, and cloud-based, they are actually anchored in heavy physical exploitation: [1]
Destructive Mining: Gathering rare earth minerals (like coltan) to build our devices.
Massive Energy Consumption: Powering the massive server farms needed to keep millions of users browsing, scrolling, and streaming.
E-Waste: Dumped hardware poisoning landscapes in developing nations. [1, 2, 3]
Other "Eras" You Might Be Thinking Of
If you meant a specific cultural vibe or a different spin-off of the Anthropocene, scholars and internet culture writers often use these terms: [1]
The Algorandocene / Algoritmocene: The current era where human culture, choices, and attention spans are completely shaped and dictated by social media algorithms.
The Attentionocene: Highlighting how our current era treats human attention as a scarce commodity to be mined and sold by tech giants.
The Capitalocene: A widely used academic alternative arguing that our modern planetary crisis wasn't caused by all of humanity (anthropos), but specifically by the forces of global capitalism. [1, 2]
Does Anthrobscene sound like the word you had in mind, or were you thinking of a term that focuses more on the algorithms or the culture of scrolling?

🦛Two girls with big colorful butterfly tattoos on their backs...the butterflies have rows of wings...I wake up

🎶my dreams can be snarky...like, the Shadows look for openings to insult me, wrong me, reveal some embarrasement...playground bully teasing...making fun of faults, foibles, differences...somethings just to scare, like dismemberment!...that bikini bit a little of that...the feed drops reels of people making remarkable shots...like Holland's soccer goals...Holland smiles a lot, but grimaces too...champion grimacer is woman tennis player that just lost the US Open...she'll invade a lot of dreams!...or, ping ponging ping pong ball into a small cup...that, that was the blueberry throw...oh, that's a dream tool, a trick...successfully making a shot!...smashing a tennis racket its antonym-grimace...success more a growl!

from title page of book about Navy:

Someone who loves books, always has a friend

A push back to being teased for being a bookworm...

More than a few arrive at that...



:)

DavidDavid

No comments: