City Words
#Turtles
🦋Dreams
A fight and flirt-wu
Another fight...dropped knife...wu
Hitting baseball...rr .diamond on upper terrace...cant get turn...argue...enough i'm done..wu
wu is wake up...a curio is what I don't dream about, along side the reruns-rr...when I wake up, semi awake, the dream I'm having is fresh...but then it's gone...unless I grab a piece of it...of late, an old dream comes back while trying to remember one I just had...just a word, an image, is something...but most dissappear entirely
🎶aaand, thought is to look at the doom scroll as a dream...dreams...the log lines...clic bait banners...endless they are everyday, every moment...I try to get off the dime, do a random search of anything, see what's out there, and a few things show-same format...clic bait banners, bullet points, but then things revert to the usual stuff...much like the fare in newspapers, with the sections intermixed...make up a search...sea turtles egg laying
🧐sea turtles egg laying
🎶hmmph...on both google and youtube, the scroll sticks to the prompt...turtles all the way down...on facebook all turtles for awhile, and stops with turtle bullet text recommendations...I do searches in all three platforms so often, and it seems a search will peter out and revert to the general doom scroll...likely I have that wrong...so, so why are my dreams limited?...the doom scroll has the general stuff one finds on cable tv, or some such...charles towshend kut... search up from yesterday...oh, my fault, some searches are unspecific, sorta...facebook lists charles townshends like a phone book-lots of them...other people...thing is, I'm profiled, and previous web visits are incorporated into the scroll...I think...the algo my tailor...I just make do...curious, the facebook search...oh, wait, I didn't post the blog post to facebook, otherwise, facebook search would have my townshend posts in the search...back to my question: what subjects dont we dream about?...what subjects the doom scroll doesn't touch?
.
✨️what subjects dont we dream about?...what subjects the doom scroll doesn't touch?
highly specific, hyper-local, physical reality right in front of you—like the laundry that needs folding, the plant that needs watering, or the neighbor waving through the window. [1, 2, 3, 4]
───
The Intersection
In a strange way, the smartphone is the bridge between the two. While your brain is largely incapable of rendering a functioning phone in your dreams, the phone itself is designed to hijack your waking brain, keeping you trapped in a cycle of digital nightmares before you ever close your eyes. [1, 2, 3]
🎶what we see...what we think about what we see...what we dream, what we say about our dream...what we web browse, what we say about our browse...experience comes in two parts, the experience, and the report
✨️experience comes in two parts, the experience, and the report
That is a profound way to look at reality. You are highlighting the gap between the immediate, lived moment and the narrative we construct about it after the fact.
This duality shows up everywhere—from psychology to philosophy and even our digital lives:
• The Experiencing Self vs. The Remembering Self: The Nobel-prize winning psychologist Daniel Kahneman famously wrote about this. The "experiencing self" lives in the present moment (the raw experience). The "remembering self" is a storyteller that looks back and decides how good or bad the event was based on the "report."The Translation of Consciousness: Scientifically, translating what we sense into what we say is a complex leap. As researchers note, “reporting one's own subjective experience requires access to that experience since the sensory experience must be translated into a report.” -- [PMC - NIH]The Social Media Effect: Today, many people live more for the "report" (the Instagram post, the tweet, the review) than the actual experience itself. Sometimes, the report completely rewrites how we remember the event.
🎶just so...that's that kaballah "follows from the tongue"...or mouth...roll out for a snack...game on later...
:)
DavidDavid

No comments:
Post a Comment