Monday, May 6, 2013

The Door in the Tree

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/The-Mystery-of-the-Tiny-Door-in-a-Tree-200540021.html


For awhile now, I've been able to direct friends to the blog by telling them to just google tree in the door...and I was trying that tonight with a friend, and couldn't find it, but was bringing up the story of the little door in the tree in Golden Gate Park, which I had seen a few days ago, and remember  thinking, how charming!, a door in a tree rather than a tree in a door!   See link.  Very cool.

quote

They took all the trees
And put them in a tree museum
Then they charged the people
A dollar and a half just to see 'em

Read more: http://artists.letssingit.com/joni-mitchell-lyrics-big-yellow-taxi-tsgr9wh#ixzz2SZchdWMY
LetsSingIt - Your favorite Music Community

unquote

Before coming to the Valley, I went back to communty college and took some art classes, and for one assignment, I illustrated Joni Mitchell's song, one illustration  being a Redwood Tree made into a little house and gift shop--Tree Museum.   When housing dropped me off at the Cabin, my first thought after sidling by the Cedar to get in the Door, was, well, I can hang my hat here! 

  

No comments: