Monday, July 8, 2013

GG





Rolled out of Marina, Hawk, Redshoulder, Cedar Hawk!, looking on....pic up...Sunday Morning...Silver okay until Pinnacles exit, where I got gas...stall and trouble light back on...with a full tank, I thought, I can make it all the way on freeway...at speed, Silver doesn't stall...as often!...but very sleepy when I reached Ventura, and ahead Saturday Fourth of July traffic in LA, so, so, got a room, napped, and walked about a bit...even saw movie..."sometime good men wear mask"...and rolled out in the grey overcast morning, that cleared inland....sighted Nuttal's Woodpecker at rest stop in Sycamore Tree...and reached my house in Garden Grove around, Silver one last stall!,  11am...a no mean feat!...anyway, tenants not home, and couldn't reach on phone, so sat on porch, surrounded by memories, most all day, with pick ups for lunch and such...saw Posey throw out Puig trying to steal third while snacking on enchiladas...and tenant finally arrived, and after some talk, we realized we were in same boat, and the boat is the house, so we'll be roommates...myself glad of that, as it was the top scenario I kept rehearsing...motel in Orange last night...made an evening rollabout to Silverado Canyon...while on the Porch, Mocking Birds singing constantly, Pigeons, Morning Doves, Finches, I think, and Squirrel (Rat?) crossing on Power Lines above Backyards across the Street...see pic...I've never seen before Squirrel in Orange County!...I return from Valley with different eyes and ears!...tenant's Cat came around the Ficus to looksee...very shy Cat...pohono...

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

May you row...row row your boat on peaceful waters with lots of critters to visit and delight you.

Poor squirrel on the wire...making birds have their place, but do they keep it? best to you David.

DavidDavid said...

It's a Fox Squirrel, an invasive species brought in from back East like in 1905 to LA...slow to spread, but I imagine is reaching an exponential threshold...seen three so far...