Wednesday, December 13, 2017

OTI:one poem, notes:12/13/17

Open To Interpretation

Foreign Lands

I'm an unknown country
Not of your cartography,
And not likely
You'll beseech your
King and Queen
To fund some expedition,
Equip a ship,
Bring along all you need
To go far away a long while
Looking for what
You're not sure you'll find.
Of your land I know:
From when your towns
Are storm lashed,
The caravan bandits
And sea roaming pirates
Bring the horizon stories.
Would you un-trammel me,
You think,
Walk with me
My land's paths?
I could send you an invitation,
A map that suggests
Your world could be round.

'You'd civilize me!',
Was a thought,
End my languor
In this sweet time
With nary a notion
There's more than ocean,
Some far away shore,
Some far away land
With no return.

What I once was,
What you once were
Will all be gone
If you wade ashore,
Unload strange beasts
You ride astride.

So long as I breath
I still speak my old tongue
When your back is turned
Looking at that cell phone.

DolphinWords

Notes:...hmmph...from the iPhone notepad to yahoo mail to Tablet to blog...bit of a journey in itself!...new editing tools on the tab to learn...maybe too many...and so sensitive...stunfortunately. ..stuff pops up like that!...bit slick to walkabout...

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: