Saturday, July 25, 2020

Clues

Magic

From Poets and Gleeman, Chapter One, The White Goddess-Robert Graves:

European poetic lore is, indeed, ultimately based on magical principles, the rudiments of which formed a close religious secret for centuries but which were at last garbled, discredited and forgotten. Now it is only by rare accidents of spiritual
regression that poets make their lines magically potent in the ancient sense.  Otherwise, the contemporary practice of poem-writing recalls the medi-aevalalchemist's fantastic and foredoomed experiments in transmuting base metal into gold; except that the alchemist did at least recognize pure gold
when he saw and handled it. The truth is that only gold ore can be turned into gold; only poetry into poems. This book is about the rediscovery of the lost rudiments, and about the active principles of poetic magic that govern them.
My argument will be based on a detailed examination of two extra-ordinary Welsh minstrel poems of the thirteenth century, in which the clues to this ancient secret are ingeniously concealed.

Encryption

This sculpture at CIA headquarters holds one of the world's most famous unsolved mysteries - CNN
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/25/us/kryptos-secret-message-code-trnd/index.html

Today's News


Astonishing Zapotec Ruins and Carvings Found in Mexico | Ancient Origins
https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/zapotec-ruins-0014029

Watch "The Big Mystery Above Tonalá, Mexico" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/9bA9egO2OD4

Dream

 @e causey  yes...I'm stronger than most my age, 72, maybe due to I take the long ways around, but of late, I've put aside the push lawn mower for a power one...time I spend on study, browsing youtube, which facilitates, makes it problematic to runabout, pushabout...😐

Chac/Tlaloc  Witz Monster

 @Anyextee  Uxmal...thanks for 'puuc'...I see there's lots of sites similar...I was looking too there at the witz monster...I think I had it I could see one of those at the Zapotec site...lol...I'm limited to web, web images, searches...my seven league boots!...I keep notes on my tablet memo app, post and comment to find things...found this:

Karl Taube notes that the Witz monster often holds a pair of serpents in the corners of its mouth. Well, Mayan mythology describes serpents as being the vehicles by which celestial bodies, such as the sun and stars, cross the heavens. The shedding of their skin made them a symbol of rebirth and renewal. But in Taube's view, the serpents in the mouth represent breath, making the building a living being (because the Maya believed that stones and mountains were living breathing things).

From search: uxmal witz monster (site called Hammocks and Ruins)

Notes:...those, these, likely too much, and offputting, but in an average day, I cover a lot of ground...now, when I post to my blog, I begin with a mystery, present it, then in the notes, try to explain a bit...the mystery here: magic and its encryption...Graves presents the mystery of two thirteenth century poems...the lines like riddles...now, the story of the CIA sculpture has it three of four messages have been decripted, the fouth still a mystery...the solving of this so popular, there's like crowd source effort ongoing...so, soh, in today's news, Zapotec ruins discovered on 6000 foot mountain top, pic of relief carving "underworld god"...probably Witz monster...and here my early post to this vlog clip comment thread...and too one of my other replies to e. causey...these crowd source comments I consider an effort to decript, much like the puzzling over the CIA sculpture...like a task for the students in Harry Potter!...an exploration of the realms of magic...I dreamed last night of mowing grass with a push mower...Graves was 65 when he wrote his book, 1948, year I was born...not that that's anything...hard to tell when an anything is something!



Notes:...so, soh, I fashioned a vlog comment post with "notes", like the blog posts of late...this a continuation of 7/24...and posted that whole to the youtube vlog comment thread, and now here, notes to that...kindof a dream within a dream...I want to get back to the Rodeo Posts...but been diverted by these ancient things...just watched helicopter footage of street march in Seattle...the battle tactic historians speculate much on how ancient Romans/Greeks fought...such plays out in these protests...Police borrowed tactics from the Protestors how to use bicycles!...the sides trying not to hurt one another, yet...well, it's dodgeball in the gym on a rainy day...

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: