Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving:OTI::pic, notes:::11/26/20

Open To Interpretation

Orange Crate Labels











from search orange crate label thanksgiving

Notes: Early on, I was so taken with Orange Crate Labels, that I thought to use them for my poetry zine Oranges...this 1987 about...I studied them, bought a few, read McPhee's Oranges, and somewhere I gathered in the the 'why' of the whimsical names, words, on the labels...not all of them had these, but the ones that do have the a charm...and my zine covers were to be like that...Mariposa Brand Oranges Poetry...the idea hasn't gone away...the zine morphed into my blogs...I've lost the why of the whimsy, but looking about at labels, I thought, oh, they are like the prompts for Inktober...artists 'brand' their inks with the prompts...see October's posts!...anyway, I'm working on a post about composition, to include the labels, and some other stuff...hmmph...somewhere someone has the whimsy explained...when I find it, I'll update...Happy Thanksgiving!

from etsy










:)

DavidDavid

No comments: