Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tree to Tree to Tree to Tree to Tree
















Chapel Hawk
I was sitting at Lodgepole Point and saw the Hawk fly low into the tree on the opposite bank of the Merced....off I went, wading again across the Merced!! I got across, but saw it fly out to a tree in the Chapel Meadow (it's called Liedig, I think...I'll have to check) which is turning green after the control burn, and out on the road was the tour bus tourists on their Falls stop...I dont know if they saw me come out of the trees in pursuit...and I headed across to the tree I thought it flew too, but couldn't see it...as I got close it flew out to a big cedar by the road...this is the third tree I saw it fly too...if I had pics from all of them I'd have seven!!...but here's five from the chase beginning with the big cedar, which was best pose...I just couldn't sneak in close enough.
Got Coyote clip afterwards, Coyote catching, and eating mouse or gopher, and earlier golden mantle clip...and almost a great brown creepers clip...I was taking video of one tree, and looked up and three were on the tree right next to me...but I was too slow.
A fine morning...as I walked by the Chapel, hurrying back to work, a service was beginning at the Chapel for one of the shuttle drivers who passed away...would have stopped in but had to go to work...so that was sad. I didn't know them well, but the shuttle drivers are a family who I often visit with riding the buses.

No comments: