Monday, February 25, 2008

Lost Antleers

Woke up early..but went back to sleep...


and then woke up too late!...almost noon...had snack...chocolate croissants are addictive!...and walked over to the Post Office...on the way were four Bucks...three that had lost their antleers...I would have thought the three were Does if not for a delivery driver, with a four hour layover, who explained how the one's ear was down because it was smarting from losing antleers...explained too how the Bucks have a scent gland behind their back leg knees...or on their knees!...I've drawn their skeletons and the leg bones are differently arranged than ours!..cant picture right now how they work!...anyway..we had a nice critter story exchange as he looks for them on his breaks...lot of the drivers that bring people and things too the Valley have layovers..and are very knowledgeable...further along on the walk at Chapel Bridge I talked to another one who has a degree in Zoology...and was a Park Ranger...I'd known this...but forgot...and didn't put it together with my need for critter identifications...so I told him I'd be bringing by my mystery critters!....and right after that I talked with another photog who has been coming to the Valley for years and has pics of some of the Cabins during the Flood out in the backyard...Owl Woods....if and when I can get his permission I'll link or post one here...in fact a link to here from over there...the other Valley blogs...might be sufficient to acquire it!...this to say he's visited those..and maybe here too!...I must say I've never spoken to anyone in real time who has maybe read my postings...and this over a period of twenty years!...people are shy about their blogs and posts...it's....it's like our super hero alter egos...you know..clark kent at Last Chance to Adams or Rowel out and about with the camera!..and that's just this blog....after the big loop...and pics and clips of Ravens over by Swinging Bridge I had late lunch...got back to the Cabin...and just sorta gave up for the day!...it's hard to keep caught up with everything...it's cold...and still cloudy after yesterday's rainsnow...maybe tomorrow it will be sunny and warmer...

No comments: