Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Kingfisher and Pygmy Owl



hmmph....usually when I post up a crop of a pic, it expands to full frame, so one sees a close up...and I tried that because the new blog photo viewing hasn't the double zoom-in like it did!...hmmph..and all I have of Pygmy Owl is the clip...pic is still frame...and clip is the rarest of all my photos and clips!!!...how it came about:...thought to sleep ''till noon', at least, but the roofers were hammering and such, so went to Breakfast, with all the gear along, and then thought to go to  Bobcat Meadow and find a Sunny Spot, to just sit and be warm...oh!...on the way to Breakfast, White-throated Sparrows...pics, for sometime, and a new bird, for me....crossing the Creek Bridge, sighted Five Mallards...pic for sometime...and thought to go downcreek to get ahead of Mallards...at Duck Harbor, crossed the Creek, and sat awhile...too shady!...thought to go to Creek's End, and as I approached, Kingfisher was perched on the Leaning Cedars....oh!!, a much hoped for pose!....set up the digi with the new Bungees, and got the porthole clip, clip up, and one more zoomed clip, bit blurry but okay, and farfar away, but Kingfisher!...Kingfisher flew off to the far shore of the Merced, and perched in the Cottonwoods near Half Stump....set up by Owl Log, and another farfar away clip, but Kingfisher!...Kingfisher clips for sometime...some photogs were moving along the shore, and Kingfisher flew up, and my way...some quick pics of Kingfisher in the Cottonwoods...and then Kingfisher flew up the Creek, chattering all the while...I set up on the Shingle, and waitedwaited...moved upcreek to Zeke's Perch (by the Tiki Outlet), and sighted Kingfisher on the farshore in the Black Oak...Kingfisher snoozed a bit, and then flew past back to the Cottonwoods,and beyond Half Stump...this I saw following best I could!...and it was thereabout on the Near Shore, near the Willow, I startled Winter Wren, I thought, and Wren, kinda large for Wren, I thought, flew to a Small Pine, perched, and I had time to set up the digi...and on review of clip, I saw Wren was Pygmy Owl!...if I had to to predict how and where I would see Owl, it would be: by chance perched on a Tree Branch at eye level, and somewhere along the Merced on the edge of the Woods, and so it happened, one of the grandest pursuits I have had hereabout!!!...along with Kingfisher!...so, a fine walk...for sometime, I hope to get pics and clips of Kingfisher and Owl from not so farfar away!!!...more report tomorrow...sunny blueandhazy cold...yesterday, report, with camerphone clip, of Two Young Bucks jousting by the Rocky Slope Climbing Wall, with Does looking on...digiscope works better with the Bungees!!...Bridge Mallards arrived at Creek's End, overlooked a bit....

No comments: