Monday, October 29, 2012

Meadow Hawk

http://youtu.be/fNGdZbotMbQ











 




I follow maybe a half dozen other blogs, backyard blogs, I mean, wildlife things, and a couple are from the East, and here's link to recent post from Urban Hawks: http://urbanhawks.blogs.com/.... that might link the blog in general, but postup is the Sunday post before the  Storm about Pale Male, Redtail Hawk, which has recently hooked up with Pale Female!...anyway, let me check the other blog...brb...here, Nature Notes: http://myblognaturenotes.blogspot.com/
....now, where was I....not posting everyday, I get out of sorts with the text....trying to include everything over a stretch of days...weeks...things get jumbled...and my own memory book, which the blog is, too,  hasn't the same continuity....so, so, try to post up, in Grinnel's fashion, everyday, DavidDavid!....I keep in mind the blog is like field notes, like the sketch books of the topographer watercolorists, which got a leg up when paints could be put in tubes, much like the help the new digi cameras give backyard bloggers!...now, where was I!...Sunday is my Friday, and the routine has been to play wow all night beginning my weekend, and sleep in, in, on my Saturday!...so I trundled out around four, with the gear, and peddled over to the Village for mail, and the thought for some pics as it's Terrific Light time in the Valley...and while taking pic of Bobcat Meadow, see pic of Miwok sign, I glimpsed Big Wings, and after some faraway pics, thought, and confirmed, that's Hawk, Harrier!...Harrier went to the Grasses and stayed down over by the Deer House, so in a bit of a scurry, I peddled over to the Boardwalk by the Lily Pad Pond, and waitedwaited...and Harrier flew up and about and around for a good while!....very cool...I had the camera set best I could I think...shutter speed 1000, at 1600 and 800 iso, but pics blurry...Harrier is always moving!....but friend reports seeing Harrier yesterday too, so maybe tomorrowmorrow I can sight again, and try faster speed...as it is, the camera setting took Hawk, Redtail, pic over in Coop's Meadow, where I peddled too when I left off from Harrier...Harrier looked to fly over thataway, and I followed...Redtail pic a new favorite!....Coyote about thereabout, and sighted Redtail while waiting for Coyote to come closer, but no luck....peddled back to the Cabin and locked up the bike, which I best start parking in the Cabin!, and paddled back to the Woods to try and keep my Owl hearings and sighting streak going...have heard or seen Owl every Evening, and some Mornings, since last mention...screee screee...I am of a mind that it is Sentinel doing the scree screeing, and 'am looking about for source for adult GHOs going screee screee....but I dunno...anyway, sat awhile in the Woods with coffee and croisants, reviewing the days pics, and Last Light arrived, and no screee screee, until my leaving off at Ozone Beach, all dark now...screee......scree....very cool....and at Last Chance, I was having the first meal of the day, cheeseburger and chocolate cake, and a tourist, I thought, introduced themselves, and it was an author and guide who has written a very nice book: David Lucas, Sierra Nevada Birds...and a fine talkabout!!

No comments: