Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Cooper's Hawk And Bagpipes

http://youtu.be/xrSkC_hbczs































Well, I was climbing into Silver to go get donuts and coffee, and sighted Hawk, Cooper's, perched deep in the Branches of the New Zealand Fern Tree in the Frontyard...very cool!..."What is it?" neighbor from across street asked.  "Hawk!"...and I gave up trying to get pic with iphone, and scurried to get camera from House...on return, neighbor pointed down the Street...Hawk flew to faraway Frontyard, and then to TV Ariel...not quite tree to tree!...but rolled out with Silver, and pics through passenger window...the Fern Tree was planted by my sister as memorial to pop, and has gotten very big--lost a small limb in the last Santa Ana Wind...Fern Trees need pruning, but this one has a really nice look after almost twenty years, so I think on this....anyway, and yesterday, at the start of the peddleabout, I heard Hawk calling, and thought Redtail, but maybe Cooper's...see pic and clip...the start of the bike ride is at Mile 6...I park Silver at Los Cabollaros, the Sports Club I've joined, take the bike, which is like Silver's Minion!, off the rack, and roll over to the River...this to be a routine for the foreseeable future awhile...Club is nice... back awhile, 1990, I was member, and played much rec basketball, and swim...previous roll, I went out to Mile 3...this time (Yesterday) goal was out to Mile 2...Kite was at Mile 4 again...same Tree I think...and past Mile 3, the Path split...to the left it goes over narrow Bridge, which I recall, to the North Bank, and to the South, the Path I took, not recalling it, or where it went!, it goes to Talbert Nature Preserve (and beyond to the Ocean I imagine)...I don't remember this undeveloped area at all much, and it's very nice...turned around as this was about Mile 2, and rolled on Dirt Path through the Reserve...once back on the Asphalt Path, and returning, sighted Hawk, Cooper's, very close ahead on the Chain Link Fence...see clip and pic....the Path is very traffic and industrial noisy until one gets to Mile 4....then things quiet down, one can listen for calls, and hereabout I heard Bagpipes while trying for Little Bird clip...see/listen to whole clip!...very cool...last time I heard Bagpipes was in the Valley...something doing at the Chapel that afternoon, and I have that clip posted, and will try to link here...and will post iphone clip of Cooper's Hawk (thought I was taking still!) when I get cable to connect to pc...email exchange is giving me the 'virus' error...sunny warm blue afternoon windy yesterday...sunny blue warm today...Widgeon pics from the Library Pond late this afternoon...Pond is crowded with Canadian Geese and Mallards!...at the McDonald's window:  on seeing my camera..."Nice camera!"..."I take wildlife photos..."I'm seeing lots of Hawks!"..."Yes, it's migration time...saw one in my front yard this morning..."..."What bird is it singing at night?"..."Oh, Mocking Bird"..."Keeps me awake!"       
       

No comments: