Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Din


Featherly Park is at Mile 26, and Yesterday morning I thought to park thereabout, and continue on the Bike Path...but I found no day use parking, and the park gated, and it's private...apparently, this Park went from being public to being managed by private concessionaire...so, so, I went further along, and parked Silver on a bluff overlooking Green River Golf Course, where I played golf many times with pop, and peddled back to Mile 26, Gypsum Canyon...this section of Path has just recently been paved, and is still being landscaped, and up slope some from the River, which has narrowed, and is right beside the Freeway, which makes the contemplation while rolling, the word, DIN!...it is really loud, and one wonders how here, anywhere in the urbanscape motorcar rolling din, Owl could hear Mouse!...anyway, on the return to Silver, I thought to then continue, but the Path ends pretty much at Green River Road where it passes over the Freeway...thereabout one can see Prado Dam...pic up...there is a way to go along residential streets and reach the next section of Path along the River, which looks to be near 15 near Norco Road....one can go back over the Freeway at Serfas, and then, I don't know...I rolled about looking, and ended up at Prado Park...a large mowed lawns park with Lake and rvs and athletic fields...sat awhile, snacked, got clip for sometime--Blue Heron almost catching Gopher...day was heating up, so returned...I keep studying out how the Trail goes on google maps--Norco to Colton looks to be the remaining section of the Bike Path...sunny hazy cool to hot...I was going to title this post, Dead Rabbit Hills, as one reaches the first uphill hereabout, there's three in a row, and on the top of the first was an rk rabbit on the Bike Path, which I couldn't fathom...rk hawk and two rk raccoons at Prado Park...I'm finding that once I get off the freeways, and thankfully back home, pohono, I feel I've escaped with my skin!...

No comments: