Thursday, December 5, 2013

On The Edge

















"He's on the edge all the time..."...Hawk had been perched, and dropped to the River, and I had missed the pic...drop handle bike rider had stopped, waited for me to catch up, and tried to give me heads up, but I missed the pic...Hawk flew to the other side of the River, and perched on the edge of the Containment Wall, which hereabout by Hawks' Course is vertical, but that's not the pics up...that was later, as I did get pic further along, Hawk perched on the near edge, and again on the far edge,  and again on return on the far edge!...and Kingfisher too, as I have often seen, but this first time to see Hawk perched so...Kingfisher caught fish, clip for sometime (I have pics of nearly all eating!)......Hawk on Tall Towers clip for sometime... Hawk on Tall Tower was at start of roll, just past Moon Park, and after sighting Kestrel perched at Kestrel's favorite spot, near mile 6...and Blue Heron, Juvenile?, where I have seen Heron on every roll, in the Channel...Tide was out, and  Long Legs, Ducks,  Egret, and as always, Coots...Redtail call at Talbert Preserve, and sighted but no pic... Redtails in the Course Eucys...no Kites though this time...Buzz Birds about... I always see at least one....and Crows, Sparrows, Phoebes, Pigeons, Starlings, lots...I'm going to have to just sit awhile here and there to sight Little Birds, which are hidden in foliage...the Path is landscaped extensively in a strip with Native Plants, and good hiding for Little Birds...Hummingbirds I always hear here and there...I rolled almost to the Pond, but Fence has been put up, dredging and maintenance work in progress now on the East side...on return, Hawk perched in interesting Tower (they're an overhead calligraphy!), after pic and putting camera away, looked up to see Hawk floating low overhead and to the far side, thought 'cool'. and finished putting camera in pouch, looked up, and Hawk perched on self same Grid Railing as on last Thursday, and thought 'that's really cool'...pic up...sunny, cloud banks in the distance, but clear overhead, and cool...drop handle bike riders are whooshing by from behind and from in front all the time...kinda problematic...going slow I kinda wobble, and make sudden stops...there's a ten mile speed limit...we're even up!...oh, and Merlin at Merlin's favorite perch, nearabout Hawks' Course, Mile 4....

No comments: