Monday, January 20, 2014

Kingfisher And Osprey








Rolled out around Noon with the thought to take 91 to 215 East to where it crosses the Santa Ana River, and find a place to park and find the River Trail...google maps show it's there...but missed the 215 turn, and so continued on 91 to a crossover to make U, and happened on Martin Luther King Blvd., which seemed appropriate as Holiday today...made the U, and out 215, but no luck... really needed written down direction, but as I often do, I was just winging it...and found myself in Ontario somewhere and on 60, but came up on 71 back to Corona, and took 71 back to 91, and by now much hungry and freeway frazzled, but remembered Bagel and Coffee shop near Yorba Park, and turned off 91 on Gypsum Canyon, and along ? that parallels the Trail, and where I've been, and found the Bagel Shop...snacked, and felt...possible...so parked at Yorba Park, right where I'd been last visit, and geared up and rolled off from about mile 22 to 17 and return...when I had finished the last visit here, I felt a melancholy, thinking it not likely I'd be this way again, so pleased to revisit...rolling along I hoped to see Osprey like before, and instead sighted Kingfisher perched on Wire over the River...this on the roll out...and on return, at same Wire, found Osprey had joined Kingfisher on self same Wire...very cool!...pics up....clips for sometime...sunny warm Januarysummer...I don't know if I'll ever get to that remaining section of Bike Trail...it's there, somewhere, but it's a mind numbing freeway drive...one I've made many times on trips to Mountains or relatives in Fallbrook/Rainbow, and with those destinations the freeway was bearable, just, but I find myself when planning to find this section of Trail, that I'd just as soon repeat sections I've done, and closer to home...anyway...maybe if it Rains...this missing section is likely of more interest with Water...the Inland Valley really needs Water...always has....Cyclist asked me why I had cameras with...'Birds'...and shared some River Bird sightings, and was informed Gold was once in the River, and a wonder if some still about....

No comments: