Tuesday, February 4, 2014

In search of pachygrapsus crassipes...









Rolled out to Corona del Mar with the thought to find Pachys...and no luck!...checked the Breakwater of Big Corona, and paddled over to the Tide Pools of Little Corona...and not one...hmmph...checked around the web, and there are recent pics and clips up with Pachys, some from exactly where I was, so...I dunno...I have memories of Big and Little Corona going back to like 1955...wish I'd kept photo journal!...I had a marine biology teacher, Prof. Resnick, think that's the spelling, who lamented that he had the idea back then to do a species base line count all up and down the California Coast, but couldn't find funding, and the idea much cold shouldered...took his class in free diving spear fishing too...he was one of the first blue ocean free diving spear fishermen...I've never been a very good student, but I latch on to things, much of the blog has about it that lament that there's no base line count of fauna and flora...though of late I took note when reading literature I got with my fishing license, that Fish and Game has a good handle on Fish populations...and why in the world the Speaker of the House has to come to the Central Valley and poke his political nose into things I can't fathom...hmmmph...sunny cloudy cool....fellow had a drone at Little Corona with gopro camera...impressive how well it flies even in breeze...another fellow was raking the beach into design, the latest fad...oh...the little green dot (has a number and epoxyed to the stone) is a part of some study, I think...

No comments: