Monday, February 3, 2014

Sandpipers

http://youtu.be/h6e2Kqt1myI
       







Rolled to the Beach, Yesterday, and paddled from Balboa Pier to the Wedge and return...and this afternoon, broke away from WOW when I took note of a Late Afternoon Low Tide, and rolled back to the Wedge to have a looksee...Yesterday, while Tide very high, I had taken note that I hadn't seen any Pachys...Crabs in Rocks...didn't see any Today too, even with Tide low, and think I know why, but need to check (checked, but not sure...while looking for Pachys, I saw  Rat, likely Norway Rat, which are about--don't know if Rats eat Crabs)  ... cool weather for both visits...Wind from the Ocean is making the River Bike Roll problematic...after half a mile Saturday, Mile 6 to 5 and a half!, I turned around...hard peddling on the Bike into the Wind  making my knees hurt underneath the Knee Caps (seat too high or low and such)...think I read about such somewhere...another thing to check...this little pain went away walking on sand...cloudy sunny cool...ids for Birds for sometime...even walking into the Wind, and on Soft Sand, was a slog...Windsound in my ears makes me feel like I have space helmet on!...took note too that the Beach, the Pier, are about the only place in Town couples can go for a stroll...oh...one lightningflashthunder, and a bit of rain overnight!

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

Hello mountain man back at the ocean...thank you for sharing so many birds!