Saturday, December 13, 2014

Dog Adoption

This is another text I saved in the blog but not for posting...but there are some things to consider here, and so post it up!

from email to my sister...

Susie hooked me up with a dog adoption non profit...dog looked fine, and I committed, but bailed after being pestered by the non profit for this and that...looks to me it's not a non profit, but web store front fishing for donations, with high adoption fee, which they don't explain at beginning, and still haven't...I told them to take me off their email list...I went to craig's list, and there seems to be a lot of these non profits...typically they ask for a $250 adoption fee...some nice dogs on craig's list...eskimo puppy just down the street on chapman and west...but I got to give the thought of getting a dog a rest for a bit...I found it very trying relating the history of all the dogs I've known...non profit was full of questions...sticking one was to raise a section fence to six feet, that chain link section with the ivy...the other chain link has been added to by the tenants already...I was willing to do it, but the manner in which they demanded I do it, to their specifications, and costs, put me off...too bad...nice dog, if in fact it's available...they gave me impression it is was fresh from a shelter, but it's been on their facebook promos for months...I web searched them, and some of the others like them and it's a muddle...they have no facilities, just a po box and web site, and corral people into being foster homes, and that's where the dogs are they get from shelters, scattered about in foster homes...

No comments: