Friday, July 31, 2015

The Keyboard

I was looking through youtube for wow dungeon guides and happened on one about keybinding, which is part and parcel of one my thoughtHobbies about Keyboards...so taken I was with one poster's explanation that I left a comment:

quote

I set my left index on W...and my right on O...don't use the mouse at all 'cept to cast those green things...and pick up loot!...etc..good clip..:)...took awhile not to mouse clik like I'd always done...still learning...maybe someday I win an arena match..lol...oh...hands crippled a bit, so I just use thumbs indexes and middles, which might be a good thing as it keeps things simple and quick...I can reach all the middle keys with my thumbs, and most of the number keys with my indexes...sometimes I set up the updownsideways keys for healing spells and drop my right hand down to them and can use that whole set thereabout...ten more keys...need keys for things like mounting/dismounting and enemy player select, friendly player select, all kinds of things for general play...and you're very right to put the most used keybinds in close...the long cooldowns and oddballs out further...and I don't use macros either...yet...:)...and I have a wireless mouse with one button on top...oh..on my druids my E key toggles through the shapeshifts, and R toggles stealth...and Q is my mount/dismount...
 
unquote
 
Here's link to the youtube:
 
 
When typing was invented the standard keyboard we all know came into being...one couldn't re-arrange how the keys are until the computers came along, and now one can assign each key to do whatever one wants...a single key can do a single thing, a keybind, or one key can do a macro, which is a sequence of single keys..it gets complicated very fast, and I'm no expert...but in my thoughtHobby I imagine that in our noggins there is the equivalent of the keyboard, and it may just be the most important thing there is!...Steve Jobs considered our hands the most important thing, and it is the same, I am just stepping things back into the mystery of our Will, what central feature it is that gifts us with all our abilities, and how some things are 'bound' like our heart beat, and some 'unbound' like our breathing...yogis are said to be able to unbound their heartbeat...think I saw Holmes do it too in one of his experiments in the cbs series...this last season's last episode, in which he finds himself 'bound over' to his old addiction...a grim episode, but boldly scripted, I'd say...miss my cbs mysteries...:)

No comments: