Saturday, October 7, 2017

OTI:three pics and notes:10/7/17




Note: I finally found a head for my imagined Black Dragons!...Puffins!...there's even a pun...Puffin Dragons!...I've always known the feet I want, oversize Peregrine feet...been fond of them ever since I did a copy of an Egyptian tomb painting of Horus, the falcon god...but the head has been a mystery...there's back and forth on the web about dragons, and how anatomically correct they are...could they really fly as usually depicted?...big enough wings on something and anything can fly...news has it people could fly on Saturn's moon Titan...air just thick enough, and gravity weak enough...an aside!...but I thought and thought on this, and studied a lot of flying dinosaurs...nearly all of them have long beaks, or snouts, which is usual for flying sea birds...but there was one recently discovered that has a rounded snout...and I've thought to use that for model, but can't relocate it...anyway...knuckled down on the idea tonight trying to think of something for the #inktober2017 contest...and thought to look at parrot heads...parrots talk, and my dragons too...but their beaks all turn down...and then I thought of Puffins...I haven't any bucket things, but one would be to see in the wild Puffins...and their perfect...they have like facial tattoos...I can make different ones for each dragon...and they're black and white with red and orange highlights...the red is a fit...wings a puzzle still...this is not a scaly dragon!...feathers and such...webbed the clawed feet so when they swim...the Puffins have two long feathers on their head, or some such...have wanted a crest...and a flair on a long tail...the crest gets in the way of passengers...so a puzzle...seagull wings maybe...seagulls are like the strongest birds...and why they prefer, over the ocean, the local strip malls, and Target parking lot, a mystery...Puffins and all the far north sea birds are in peril as global warming alters their niche...Puff the Puffin Dragon...too cute...ral...
 
:)
 
DavidDavid
 


No comments: