Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Mileu:OTI::pics,notes:::6/29/21

Open To Interpretation

 Wind Jewel and Butterfly









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram%C3%ADrez_Codex


Notes:  game on...on the radio...Angels at Yankees...Ward runs the Angels out of an inning trying for second...to the bottom of the sixth...Yankees 10-5...Angels won yesterday, 5-3 over the Yankees...and Ohtani had a home run, #26...today, he has hit two more!...leads the majors now with 28...and the game's not over...one down, Stanton strikes out...I was browsing, and happened on that motif along the roof, see pic,, which I've gone on about before, but forgot what it is called..."wind jewel"...took awhile and more browsing to find it...now, the skull rack was something of a mystery, until recently they dug it up next to that self same pyramid...trouble with treasure hunting: the monsters and villains one digs up along with the treasures!...don't know but they have found those monsters eating monsters at the bottom, too...on page 27, paperback, of Michael D. Coe's The Maya, is a drawing of just such a skull rack from Tzompantli, Chichen Itza...Mayan...Yankees scoring with two out...hmmph....Yankees 11-5...I  was cleaning my room, and that was book next to my bunk on the floor...paused in cleaning and went to browsing....that's how things go around here!...my mileu...mileus are important, once established they bring to life things that otherwise would never be...like baseball with all its traditions and lore...like the Pre-Columbian Americans...the coming of the Europeans sorta preserved their cultures the way lava and ash preserved Pompeii and Herculaneum...their culture, its mileu, just kinda came to a stop...and the more I note, the more I notice!...Yankees made out...Fletcher up...one of my early motif notices was the "bar" motif...123....bottom of seventh....and the more I try to jam too much in one post!...just revisited the "water lily jaguar" looking for the "bar"...what I wanted to note about the bar is simple...I was looking at incense burners, and there's a motif of a bundle of sticks, tied at each end, and said to represent the wood used to fuel the burners...didn't note the source, but going through Cole's book I see one of these things on page xx, but it's big...

"His eagle feet rest on the back of a Feathered Serpent, and he carries in his hands a Mayan "ceremonial bar" with open centipede jaws that carry ceremonial flints; the bar is symbolic of rulership."

....hmmph...I need to find that other bar source...brb...bk...welp...early on I tried to find what the bar nose ornaments were...nowabout, trying to find that, I revisited water lily jaguar, and further on, the Mayan 'ceremonial bar", or "serpent bar", which may be related to my incense bundle of sticks...haven't sourced that yet, but did source "bundle of sticks"...called "xiuhmolpilli", which looks a much scaled up version of my incense sticks, and a good match for the serpent bar...too tired to continue!...more tomorrowmorrow...Yankees 11-5...I diverted from the wind jewel and the butterfly to the bundle of sticks...srry...

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: