Sunday, January 28, 2024

Antimetabole/quotes/1/28/2024

TouchTouch


Aloha

Antimetabole

In rhetoricantimetabole (/æntɪməˈtæbəl/ AN-ti-mə-TAB-ə-lee) is the repetition of words in successive clauses, but in transposed order; for example, "I know what I like, and I like what I know". It is related to, and sometimes considered a special case of, chiasmus.

An antimetabole can be predictive, because it is easy to reverse the terms. It may trigger deeper reflection than merely stating one half of the line.[1]

Examples[edit]




wiki


The Chimali [Shee-mah-lee] is an ancient symbol from the Toltec cosmic world view.

This cultural shield symbolizes ancient knowledge, symmetry and balance. This symbol is also known as "En Lak Esh", which translates to "Tu Eres Mi Otro Yo" or "You are my other me".


Chimalli Earrings (step fret design)

Carmen Creations

web

Aloha,

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: