Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Heralds: August 19, 2026

Open to Interpretation

City Words

#Herald

Game on...on the radio...Dodgers at Rockies...

A Before and After


We don't get to do

An after life interview-

That, posterity!


Can't say I recall

Before birth introduction-

Heralds sing, they say.


Oh, I'll sing for you

When you arrive after months-

And gone, sing for me.


Oh, and I compare

Side by side a seaside bench

Me and you and me.


It's just look alike

Anytime and anywhere

Everyone here, there.


CityWords


🎶Betts homerun...Dodgers 2-Rockies 1...Heralds sang at the birth of Kings...top of fourth...Dodgers 4‐Rockies 0...readsaid, in ancient Egypt, a woman giving birth became Isis, a goddess...

✨️in ancient Egypt, a woman giving birth became Isis, a goddess...

🧐https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis

🎶guess I made that up...making up that heralds sing at every birth too!...Little, the tabby with the stuby tale, missing for two days...checked the garage...sometimes Little sleeps in the jeep-hops out when I hop in...Rockies score...Dodgers 4-Rockies 2...typing with one finger, I have to be very deliberate...easy to make mistakes...it isn't that when you lose too much, you become numb...it's that you reach a level of melancholy, and stay there...one long emotional hurt...only thing to do, for me, or you, we soldier on like everything is okay...lady told me her mom has alz...stage 4 or something..."my pop had alz" I said...like saying I'm on the same planet, people populated by alz caregivers...we soldier on...missing cats just one more damn thing...Egyptians had mourners for funerals...Kings being born have a play, some ceremony...

✨️Kings being born have a play, some ceremony

greek kings being born have a play, a ceremony

+7
In ancient Greece, newborn children—including future leaders—did not have a theatrical play for their birth, but families celebrated a core ritual called the Amphidromia on the fifth or seventh day after birth to formally welcome the child into the family. [1, 2]
Birth and Naming Ceremonies
The Amphidromia: The father ran around the family hearth carrying the baby. This act purified the newborn and accepted them into the household. [1]
The Decad: On the tenth day, a formal naming day and feast took place. Family and friends brought gifts like amulets, and animal sacrifices were offered to goddesses like Eileithyia. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Plays and Performance Connections
Mystery Plays: While royal births did not feature a play, ancient Mediterranean traditions (such as in Egypt or Near Eastern traditions) featured ritual "succession plays" or coronation dramas that symbolized a king's divine rebirth or ascension to the throne. [1, 2, 3]
Theatrical Evolution: Greek drama and tragedy evolved out of civic and religious Dionysian festivals later on, rather than private royal birth rituals. [1, 2]

🎶Bottom of ninth...Dodgers 4-Rockies 4...tied game...to top of tenth...Dodgers score...

✨️birth traditions celebrations

🎶Dodgers scoring...bottom of tenth...Dodgers 6-Rockies 4🎀...Astros 3-Angels 2...

:)

DavidDavid



No comments: