Sunday, August 2, 2026

Stereo:August 2, 2026

Open to Interpretation

City Words

#Stereo

Hey, soul sister
Ain't that mister mister on the radio, stereo...

Soul Sister by Train

Game on...on the radio...Brewers at Angels...Brewers 0- Angels 2...aaand, Dodgers play later, at four...top of fifth...Dream: it's a machine of some sort, like a typewriter, a fax, a printer, I dunno, and it's floating east on Chapman, it seems, and printing out strange text...this harks to another dream scene of strange text trying to overide normal text...and it wasn't just text...it was graphic, hieroglphic, or something...I'm in and out, dreaming, sleeping...and see versions, and the machine comes back...on Chapman...I think...I wake up...I'm in my room, but the doorway is blocked with an assortment of stuff...someone did that...I clear it way...drift back to sleep...dream again...same scene, same stuff. like I'm being teased, messed with...I wake up...I'm at the bathroom sink...the faucet has been moved up?...or just gone?...and the whole sink restored in the same pink color of the splash area, I mean, the whole white sink now is pink tiles, smaller, and really well done...a marvel where the faucet, hot and cold, went, and the craftmanship...I wake up...I remembered the door block, and sink, without writing a note...kindofafirst...I lose so many dreams...lack disciplin to grab things, or something...restoring the bathroom a long time still to do project...so, just a little bit ago, the algo feed dropped another Dali youtube,..bottom of sixth...neat, and I was able to riff in a comment...another neat...if I do say so myself...writing is entertaining to writers!...

🧐💡

https://youtu.be/BF9XOATPZVw?is=GNTf4ROaBgljbm-E


Side by side...touch touch...echo echo...dali ants dalliance...🍿

🎶The clip is about Dali's visit to Freud...he took along his Narcissist painting...immediatley, I saw the painting is a side by side...literally...my double words...toggle...paradolia...the dalliance was a comment I made to another dali youtube...no reply to it...one can't hang on channel replies, or blogger's either...but it's nice, someone drop a like...clip compares, a side by side, the painting with the early steroscopic photo viewers that made three D photos with a trick...one photo slightly shifted, and there are two photos, the viewer seperates your eyes, but by magic your brain combines the two photos into one, giving 3D ...that's a "trick"...

✨️Brain Fusion (Stereopsis): Your brain receives the two disparate perspectives, matches the overlapping points, and automatically merges them into one continuous picture that possesses realistic volume and depth.

🎶That, that in principle, is what happens with everything we really see!...top of eighth...Dali claims that if you stare at the painting, Narcissist dissolves...staring at paintings, brings on paradolia...seeing ships in clouds...tough to stare at dream scenes!...but Dali reports with his paintings...there's a story to Dali visiting Freud...seems Dali was dissappointed, and Freud confused...Freud not an art person by his admission...and Freud wrote a famous book about dreams...Dali painted dreams, wrote from them too...with the painting he wrote a poem...Picasso wrote poems also, for sometime...word paintings...

✨️AI Overview

+3
Salvador Dalí's poem "Metamorphosis of Narcissus" (1937) is a surreal literary companion piece to his famous oil painting of the same name. It reinterprets the classical Greek myth of Narcissus through Dalí's "paranoiac-critical method," blending themes of petrifaction, obsession, and rebirth. [1, 2, 3, 4]
The Poem's Text
Dalí wrote the text to be experienced alongside the visual imagery, concluding with a tribute to his wife and muse, Gala: [1, 2]
“Narcissus, in his immobility, absorbed by his reflection with the digestive slowness of carnivorous plants, becomes invisible. There remains of him only the hallucinatingly white oval of his head... When that head slits when that head splits when that head bursts, it will be the flower, the new Narcissus, Gala - my narcissus.”Facebook Group: The Metamorphosis of Narcissus.
Key Themes
Immobility and Dissolution: The poem describes Narcissus as frozen, slowly blending into his own reflection until his body vanishes and only his white, egg-like head remains. [1, 2]
The Petrified Hand: The imagery shifts from the soft human form to a stony, skeletal hand holding an egg, symbolizing death and petrifaction mirroring the painting's visual double. [1, 2]
Transformation into Gala: The bursting of the chrysalis/head births a new flower, which Dalí explicitly dedicates to Gala, shifting the meaning from toxic self-love to his defining romantic devotion. [1, 2, 3]

🎶that translation of the poem is off...

🧐
Narcissus,
in his immobility,
absorbed by his reflection with the digestive slowness of carnivorous plants,
becomes invisible.
There remains of him only the hallucinatingly white oval of his head,
his head again more tender,
his head, chrysalis of hidden biological designs,
his head held up by the tips of the water’s fingers,
at the tips of the fingers
of the insensate hand,
of the terrible hand,
of the mortal hand
of his own reflection.
When that head slits
when that head splits
when that head bursts,
it will be the flower,
the new Narcissus,
Gala - my Narcissus

https://wtfarthistory.com/post/29898008021/narcissistic-surrealism

🎶has anyone made film of Dali visiting Freud, at least a play?...

✨️The stage plays depicting Salvador Dalí visiting Sigmund Freud are Hysteria by Terry Johnson and Dali's Dream by Lisa Monde.

✨️Visual Parallels: While Kubrick did not directly collaborate with Salvador Dalí on the film, the climax's bizarre, dreamlike distortion of time, floating objects, and stark neoclassical architecture heavily mirrors Dalí's surrealist paintings. [1]
Shared Themes: Both Dalí and Kubrick explore the subconscious, the dissolution of standard space-time coordinates, and the transition from corporeal reality into abstract, hyper-conscious states of myth and dream. [1, 2]

🎶lol...happened to glimpse that strange room at the end of 2001 browsing...oh, that's dali!...oohhh!...that's my blocked door dream scene!...Brewers 0-Angels 3...bottom of eighth...deadline for trading tomorrow at three...Trout still an Angel...dont think he was in line up...yep...just 1 for 4...hope he stays...won't see him again in Angel uniform if the Dodgers pick him up to replace Tucker!...odds five percent...Trout has no trade clause...happy where he is...K...ball game is over...Brewers 0-Angels 3...😇...

:)

DavidDavid



No comments: