Sunday, May 6, 2007

Yosemite Falls

Well. I actually took that video last week, Monday I think. The wind was really playing with the Falls. The idea here has a discipline attached: to take a new little video each day, a kindof diary. I'm going to miss some days...but I have an archive and a day I miss I'll fill in from that. Today was very much like last Monday, clear and blue after a rainy day.

The 12x camera came bundled with a video editing program, which is where I got the type. I'll make notes of how I'm doing at making these, as I'm new at it, except for the Aftereffects class I took. I tried to open this in Aftereffects to edit it, but couldn't get it open. My program is old, a demo given out at a computer show.

Unfortunately, but understandably, YouTube downgrades the video resolution in all likelyhood to keep things manageble memory wise. The videos are pixilated. They're fairly clear in their original form from the 12x. I'll paddle up to the Falls Monday and take video. This one today can serve as the title scene. A sore foot might scotch this, but sometimes hiking works out the aches and pains from walking around at work.

YouTube is getting into so much trouble with copyrights that I hope it dont go belly up in middle of this effort!!

Oh, along with running smack dab into the Cedar Tree when I open my cabin door, I can turn to my right and see this view of the Falls. The Falls remind me of a tree in shape, especially in winter when the ice forms on the wall from the spray, and the snow cone at the base...looks like a big xmas tree then--a second Tree in the Door!

I'm not going to post too many postcard views, one has to see this place for themselves!!

DavidDavid

Tree in the Door

May 5. 2007

No comments: