Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Caterpillar


Doing a video everyday is too time consuming, and the resolution is not that great, so I've changed the title from Tree in the Door Video Log to Tree in the Door's Fauna and Flora. I'll still take video, but won't limit myself to that, I'll include pics and some art too. I'll stick with the limit of just the creatures near the cabin.


Today I wanted to video an insect walking across the top of the mirror while I was shaving. It looked like a flying termite ant, it had those kind of wings, but it had a long neck and small head. Its walk was peculiar, it would walk a little, then stop, then walk some more, then stop. It reminded me of the way the Robins and Marmots move about. They're trying to travel safely I think, trying to be kindof invisible when they stand still.


After I got my camera to film it, it was gone, but I did get a wasp flying about, but too blurry. So, today's pic is a caterpillar in the doorway. After I learn the names of these critters I'll add them.


DavidDavid

Tree in the Door

May 8, 2007

No comments: