Monday, February 6, 2012

Moon and Half Dome




Paddled back to the Woods in the Late Afternoon...looking for Flicker, happened on Pileated...clip for sometime...had just the newest camera along, and photog about reminded me of the Full Moonrise...waitedwaited sitting on the Hummock at Cottonwood Bend...and Moon came over Half Dome and  I tried out the camera taking clips and pics...didn't have the remote with (which I have from the small kodak video camera I bought awhile back), and dont know yet where the shutter timer is, so, maybe missed some pics...first two, I pressed shutter button, third is still from hd clip, which is cool clip, along with some earlier clips when the Moon was just behind Half Dome's Shoulder..clip is shortened mp4...the other photog had left, and I had wanted to give them a headsup that the Clouds were going to make for pics--Clouds dim down the overexposure the Moon causes...I suspect photog was somewhere with a view...where I was, was just about right!...I may try all this next month...for several months now, there have been Moon over Half Dome opportunities...while taking clips, heard Great Horned Owl, not sure Sentinel, or Ponderosa, or both!, way over by the Wall across the Merced..and heard Three Pygmy Owls!...two across the River, one in the Woods...in some of the clips, one can hear Pygmy...sunny blueblue cool...early February, and taking clips and pics after Dusk, and no gloves...Ravens, Ouzel...flyover by Five, then Three, then One, Mallard(s)...

No comments: