Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Rainy Day


Returning from the Village, sighted Deer from the Shuttle...hopped off...haven't been too many pic and clip opportunities to try the newest camera...handheld, and at max zoom, it's a bit shaky...see clip...otherwise, the hd clips are fine...and in near darkness, I took some more Deer pics out in Coop's Meadow...sat thereabout at CAD Beach until Dark, thinking to hear Owl...too drizzly, I think...did hear Pygmy Owl after dinner at the Cabin...Moon in an almost clear Night Sky now....just misty haze...light rain, cool...report Hawk calling by the Rooms....oh...foraging on the Rainy Ground, as often happens, Junco Flock in Bobcat Meadow...and Four Mallards, then One Mallard, flying downriver at Dusk, again...curious where Mallards are during Day...

Nearly all my posts go through a day of mulling over at work, while at work, and often I tell them to friends hereabout--lately, Bobcat pic, and Bobcat and Coyote, the book, have had routine story verbally related while viewing, and not just by me!.... everyone tells critter stories, something I noted at a friends poetry  reading--we were all in a circle, passing a 'story stick', and once a Bear story was told, it was followed by more Bear encounters!, and I took note....and one of the nagging anoyances of poetry readings, for me, for years and years, for me, is that no one, I mean no one, could or would do their poems from memory!...I had the good fortune, at the outset, to hear  Anthony Zerbe and Roscoe Lee Brown  do a two man show of e.e. cummings...all from memory, but these two are actors!...so, maybe it takes acting training to do poems from memory...whatever it takes, it needs taking, and I happened on an effort to do just this...good for them...see link:  Poety Out Loud
http://www.poetryoutloud.org/

No comments: