Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Coyote Dusk




hd youTube clip
http://youtu.be/f8wzPU5SLSc

Last week, Saturday?, at work, at Lunch, I thought, 'why not go out to Two Top Pine?, maybe Bobcat?'....this because of last week's Bobcat sighting thereabout....now, in the maybe twentyfive minutes I have (five minutes to get gear from locker, and coffee on way out!), I might, I thought, have just have enough time for an out and back...I got to Two Top in Time, and even stretched a little, and got to the Burnt Log, from whereabout I can see all the way to Beaver Bend, and most all the Meadow...but no luck that evening..twirled about and took some scenics, and then noticed Ravens in the Burnt Forest scolding a bit it seemed, so, thought to go thataway on return...and once in the Woods, sighted Coyote, just a glimpse...oh, I'll be late!...followed a bit towards the Bend, but no luck...oh...one farfar away handheld clip glimpse...left off, paddled back, and sixteen minutes late...hmmph...anyway, since, since Bobcat then Coyote in the Meadow, the Meadow has been the go-to-if-I-can rather than Ozone Beach at Lunch...might begin using the Bike...anyway, plenty of time this evening, and last evening too--days off...but this evening storm coming, last evening storm leaving, and both windy and cold--not best Critter sighting conditions!...this evening, at the Meadow, quiet, but while being a bit disconsolate over this, been a lot of quiet walks this 'winter'!, I heard Coyotes calling way over by Rocky Point...see Clip!...wish I had been quicker with 30x to record calls, which were really loud and echoing off the Wall to begin...couldn't see Coyotes, but followed...no luck, but when at Beaver Bend, I heard Owl!...Owl was deep in the Woods on the other side of the Merced....stood a long while on the Shore Sand, hope was Owl fly to the Meadow with enough light for pic...but no luck...cool to hear Owl though!...paddled back across the Meadow, and just when I reached Swinging Brige, sighted Coyote on the same Use Path Bobcat was on before, and it was a guess I was seeing Coyote in the darkness...reviewing pic taken at one half second and 6400 iso, I could see Ears--Coyote...tried for more pics, realizing Coyote will pose perfecty still while listening for Mice and such, and I could use long exposure, which point this long post is trying to reach--I can take Critter pics in near Dark, maybe just plain Dark, because all of the Critters do this, pose, staying still, learned from hunting, or being hunted!...anyway, I saw a Shadow scurry by coming from behind near the Path--another Coyote...pics...tried for pics!...anyway, a curious walk..each time I go out, I've come to expect something of 'character'--some moment of mood and insight...cloudy cool to cold...at Lunch Sunday, Pygmy Owl, Raven, Robin, Acorn...Saturday Lunch: Ouzel, Pileated, Robin, Raven, Acorn...this evening hereandthere, lots of Robins, a maybe sighting of Pygmy Owl swooping down to a thick Bush--glimpsed barred Tail--Raven, Mallard flyover just before sighting Coyote...oh...the Museum show has started up...went to look see...friend there too, who I told...'it looks like work from a design class!'...dissappointing, I'd say, not that the works aren't good...just that there's a general lack of Valley 'character'....hmmmph...Tara Tara!!!!...I've been playing a lot of wow of late (world of warcraft)...have discoverd the Battlegrounds...Aretha Basin a favorite...not doing to well, yet--lots to learn!!!...Tara Tara!!!...well, there's that scene in the second Lost World movie when the palentologists tells everyone to stay still a T. Rex approaches---sometimes that works!...see link:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/grizzly-bear-charges-alaskan-tourists-video-010559736.html

No comments: