Thursday, October 22, 2015

Sea Hare

A text only post, and about history, afield from fauna and flora, sort of...and grim, so dear readers, a caution to read on...

Well, I couldn't locate, yet, my poem Coral City, promised yesterday for today...the dishevelment has scattered things all over...but I did find my poem Sea Hare, which I'd wanted to post up with my post awhile back, called Sea Hare too...:)

Sea Hare

Too far from the receding tide,
Sea Hare retracted into a firm bunch,
Chalk green instead of speckled brown.

From the drying rocks,
Sea Hare felt like a skinless fruit.

At the pool where the others grazed on red algae,
I lowered Sea Hare in the water.

Children told their parents what I had done.

I sat on my haunches looking into the pool,
Blurred by the swirl of an incoming wave.

Sea Hare didn't stretch out,
And remained lifeless looking a long time,
Gently rocking on the bottom to and fro.

Dolphinwords
GG

The 5/2/15 post, Sea Hare, was about trying to save a Sea Hare too...click here  Sea Hare to see all of it, and here is some of the text:

quote (from me)

I thought Puppy Maya had found a kid's football, but, Sea Hare was upside right then, and I pretty much knew right then Sea Hare wasn't anything else, but to be certain, I gave a poke, and wanted to pick Sea Hare up for pic, but Maya on leash made that problematic, and rather than risk Sea Hare harm, beckoned a beachgoer wading in the waves to take Sea Hare out aways...'give Sea Hare a chance'...I've never seen Sea Hare on a Sandy Beach...maybe that's usual...

unquote

Sea Hare poem probably takes me closer to what I was reaching for in yesterday's post than Coral City poem...when I find Coral City, maybe I'll find that's the case!...but what I'm reaching for is failure in Nature...if I think of a Tropical Forest, or any eco system, as a game board, then there are winners and losers amongst the game pieces, all the Fauna and Flora...Coral City poem just extends the thought of eco systems to include our Cities...Cities are our eco systems, and as it happens, they're made of self similar cement to the cement corals form into...Forests, Reefs, Intertidal Zones, and such, are Cities...and while they are difficult to live in, they are not impossible...each Fauna and Flora is gifted with the means to survive successfully, most times...these Cities look to have as a main feature, a fairness, a balance, that makes it possible to live in them...and that is a very profound thing to think upon!...how do these Cities arrive at their balance?...and there's success right beside failure, and the failure has to be so there will be success...and it's very complicated in these Cities...failure can come from every which direction, and the sheer terror of it torments and motivates the successful...

Hillary Clinton did well today, I'd say, in the interrogation, which provided a long look, eleven hours!, at her conversational skills, skills much needed by candidates for President!

I've gone and changed my vote...:)

DavidDavid





No comments: