Saturday, March 5, 2016

Midnight Movies: Riddick



BA96410lg


Bandai Tamashii Nations Meisho Movie Realization Boba Fett Toy Figure                                              

by Bandai
 
 
 
Perusing youtube, I happened on clips and trailers from the Riddick movie, 2013...I had seen the first two of this series while in the Valley many times...seemed they were always on cable, and I always watched them...but I missed the third in the series, Riddick...thought to buy it at Target or Best Buy, but not in stock...so checked Amazon...and tried their rental...$3.95...that's okay...I'd watch it without the Alien Dog sub story, but seeing clip of Alien Dog on youtube, I felt an urgency to see the whole movie!...Alien Dog steals the show...much of the dialog in the later half of the movie is stilted...scenes too...and a caution for the language and such...like it's two movies...like a kind of 'man against the wilderness'...then a redo of Pitch Black, as many note...they're might be a tv series sequel being made, and the movie ends looking to a following story...don't know if these will make it to production...Vin Diesel has gotten a 'daddy bod'...as many note...not a problem with Hollywood's "300" photo shopping...but in any shape, he is a compelling taciturn actor, in the tradition of such, and he reminds me of Boba Fett, whom I've been pondering of late!..."I needed to get back my animal side..."--Riddick...reminds me of the Beastmaster too...and as it happens Riddick movie is about bounty hunters...
 
so, so, I spent the morning shopping in a hobby shop...picked up a card table at Target, and will use the kitchen chair Maya my dog chewed the cushion off after I sat outside awhile brushing her to sit at the card table, and by the big sliding glass window, opposite of which Maya can be on the porch...and watch...just watch...while  I make a plastic model or two...this is preparation to make some watercolors...model making has a lot of sophisticated skill sets...for instance, both watercolorists and modelers make use of salt...thought WAS to have Maya at my side when I paint...maybe someday...for now she eats the paint, the brushes, the chair...me...making the models I'm thinking will get my detail hand eye coordination going without the stress of messing up...so, so, anyway, in the Hobby Shop, I'm overwhelmed...but came away with a start...already have some things like an airbrush, and Dremel tool set...and just getting everything, and me, in one place, is the immediate task ahead!...and, and I go on youtube this afternoon to study out 'how to' sites for modeling...and peripherally sighted in the thumbnails a different looking Boba Fett...a Samurai Boba Fett!...it is just way cool!...and over the top expensive...apparently there is a whole culture of over the top expensive Hollywood action figures...and the Samurai Boba Fett is just the coolest!
 
:)
 
DavidDavid

No comments: