Monday, July 1, 2019

OTI:notes:7/1/19

Open To Interpretation

Notes:  Game on in a bit...like now an hour beforetime...Rangers and Angels...well, of a sudden my attention is split between OTI, and a short sci fi story in progress, some poems, and playing WOW, along with everyday errands and chores, which I'm woefully behind in attending to...I'll just never stay ahead of dusting and weeding such...so, the fantastic thought is to get extra income, somehow, and write stories and send them out...with extra money I can hire folk to fix the roof, mow the lawn, dust, and so on...   seems an ignoble reason to write, this to say, hard to set my altruism aside....lol...likely I wont succeed at it, or become a problem for the universe...so, I have the draft of the story, almost a novella, and I can see it stretch out to like twelve more novellas...a 'frame' came to me, the Labours of Hercules...in this case 'Hercules' is the movie famous meme of an artificial intelligence computer that takes over everything...the computer is Hercules, and the story covers the Stables bit...

"Before starting on the task, Hercules had asked Augeas for one-tenth of the cattle if he finished the task in one day."  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labours_of_Hercules#Fifth_labour:_Augean_stables

publishers wont accept anything posted prior to the web, so...I have to hold off on posting the story, until I hear back once I've submitted it, which could take months, and if I re submit it to second publisher, months more...I could self publish it through creativespace, but, my little self published play has been on amazon for two years! now, and not a visit/purchase...so, I have no confidence in making money self publishing...never have...I just write for fun...and one can remain true to one's devices...taking photos and painting is fun too, but one gets pestered to sell them by folk unaware how difficult it is to sell paintings and photos...material costs, presentation costs--its a nightmare I'd rather not have...paintings and photos I do for fun too...post them here when I have one I think postable...my fund circumstances are fine for continuing just that...but, just that doesn't include a new roof, or even fixing the brakes on Silver, my jeep...someday things may cave in on me....I've seen so many fine one day, and broken, bankrupt, the next...but, that's a 'someday'...there's a lot of those of different sorts...everyone is faced with a choice: work like three jobs and save up for a home and family and sudden emergencies, or be a happy clam with one job...and hope it is enough for a home and family and emergencies...I marvel at all the kids running around...clearly a traditional normal life style is doable...not being normal or traditional, I cant say how it happens!...lol...Robert Graves was up against it after mucking around with poems and his famous autobiographical book when the mortgage company wanted his house...he got himself in gear and spun out historical novels...his a unique tale...successful story teller writers are rarer than major league baseball players...Oh!...turned the radio on...game postponed...one of the Angels' players, pitcher Tyler Skaggs passed away...sad...

:(

DavidDavid

No comments: