Thursday, March 18, 2021

Walrus:OTI::pic,notes:::3/18/21

Open To Interpretation

Walruses















Notes: ...roll outs for blueberry scones and mocha, and milk, orange juice, dogfood, and masks...umpiring I need to wear a mask, as opposed to a gator...first game Saturday...thoughts wrapped up with the umpiring...come to think of it, umpiring is a bit "walrus" like...the computer air brush walrus I've posted before, and it from my old Yahoo web site...this is still on the web, but spam bots put a wall in front of it, but messing around trying to open it, it did open...what to do what to do...I have maybe a back up of it, but I dunno...lots of things stuffed away on old computers and storage drives...and the spam bot kept locking me out...the archived sites haven't the protections of current ones...so, soh, kind of in a panic, I scanned the old weblog, Panay Project dsharpness@yahoo.com, which includes an art section, page by page...took all night!...I don't think I got all of it...the ink walrus I did tonight from memory of the computer one, and walruses in general...I really messed up his face...but I was thinking of the bone structure of skulls...too much study of bones is a mistake, I think!...but I've been close reading so many drawing tutorials, and drawings, that bit by bit I'm learning the muscles and bones...for a lot of artists its a thing to know anatomy...like in super hero comics, it's always on display...for some things knowing the bones is a must...cows, horses...should do a page of "marks" made with computer art programs...and "marks" I learn is the correct name for charcoal marks...I've been looking close at Masters' charcoals...one can see their 'touch' and knowledge of what the charcoal can do...how their hand moved, the pressure applied...they often get stuck too, not sure how to darken or lighten an area...and they just kinda mush/muff the effort...Gauguin like the best, Picasso the next...the charcoal makes the process really transparent...no hiding...or going back...'there's no turning back'-Katy Perry...if one begins pursuing magic...

:)

DavidDavid 

No comments: