Thursday, March 6, 2008

Coyote And Bobcat

Didn't go to sleep until like four am....


wondering about the road!...now a rumored report that Tree in the Door is to be "upgraded"...dont know if it'll continue to be a dwelling for the current dweller!...but that's encouraging...meanwhile...instead of just curling up until work I peddled over to the Post Office...passed by Ground Squirrel beeping...but couldn't locate...and on way back...this right by Lower Falls benches...I hear again Ground Squirrel beeping still...and went back aways on path....and looked up and startled myself seeing Bobcat...Bobcat looked surprised too!...but stayed put in the tree...the source of the beeping...I got like two and half gigs of pics and clips of Bobcat trying to get at Ground Squirrel...whose anxiety is...I dont know...intense!!...and Coyote showed up on the path...settled in and watched...now and then getting Bobcat's attention!...this all went on for a good half hour...I finally had to pick up to go to work..but without regret...I couldn't bear to see Ground Squirrel caught...Bobcat's persistence almost guarantees it...I sat and just watched quiet so long that both Bobcat and Coyote disregarded my presence...the clip is the final ones I took...I got so bold as to just stand right under the tree...it's hand held...some of the others on the tripod...and there's some great poses and action...in one just the tail of Ground Squirrel is out the split in the branch...one of the pioneer Apple Trees I think...I had report of little Bobcat in same area...and maybe this Bobcat is it...doesn't look as big as Chubby...but more filled out than the lean Bobcat I have pics of...heck of a circumstance for Ground Squirrel to wake up to!...small Bear report at Lower Falls...overcast and cool...wore two layers and the knit hat...why no tourists showed up...and no traffice noise...well...the Valley is that amazingly quite right now!...I imagined some would finally come along...


1 comment:

Monte Goodyk said...

That is GREAT footage!